title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing Tracks With Conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjtaylor54
    • Jul 2018

Missing Tracks With Conversion

I have used dB Music Converter for several years, converting from FLAC to M4A highest quality lossy files. Generally very satisfied. The number of lossless tracks in my music library has grown to 34,919 (around 700 GB). Yet, the number of output files is just 30,566. Even with some obvious duplicates, MANY tracks are missing despite repeated conversion attempts. Thoughts or suggestions?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Missing Tracks With Conversion

Try to identify any missing tracks, it should be easy if there are 3000 missing, this will give an insight into why.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjtaylor54
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try to identify any missing tracks, it should be easy if there are 3000 missing, this will give an insight into why.
      Thank you for your reply! It seems to happen a lot with classical music tracks. Frequently, I have multiple recordings of the same piece by multiple artists. Sometimes tracks from the second recording will not convert from my lossless folder to the lossy one. Have I missed a setting permitting all duplicate tracks?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is likely these tracks are being created by a naming string that means the duplicates are getting written over existing files.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>