title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't Install PerfecTunes or dBpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrslimpy
    • Jul 2018

Can't Install PerfecTunes or dBpoweramp

Every time I try to install either program, I get an message saying "File read error Unable to open"
    The program keeps referencing spi2827.tmp for dBPoweramp and spi8228.tmp for PerfectTUNES.

I have dowloaded the programs multiple times and keep getting the same error message.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't Install PerfecTunes or dBpoweramp

It is most likely your security software is blocking the install from running. What security software do you have?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrslimpy
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is most likely your security software is blocking the install from running. What security software do you have?
      Running Avast. I have disabled it on a temporary basis. The programs still will not install. Also, I keep getting a message that the files are corrupted. But I keep downloading the same files over and over again.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have a look through your list of installed programs on the system, you might have anti-malware or similar also. It is 100% security software which is stopping the install from running.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrslimpy
          • Jul 2018

All antivirus and malware programs are turned off. Still get the same error messages.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Ensure your temp folder exists and has plenty of free space, open a Windows explorer window and type:

%tmp%

You should see files written to this folder (sort by date) when the installer is run.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrslimpy
              • Jul 2018

I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I have a temp directory on my "C" drive. The "C" Drive has 64GB used out of 500.
              There is plenty of space.

I still get an error message that says the PerfectTunes install file is corrupted and to download another copy. It doesn't matter how many times I download.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I do not know what to suggest, other than to uninstall the security software (and look through the list of installed programs), the installer is being blocked.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

You are installing software as administrator?

Assuming you are running on Windows, maybe try installing in windows safe mode.

Comment

Working...

]]>