title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't Install PerfecTunes or dBpoweramp

Can't Install PerfecTunes or dBpoweramp

Every time I try to install either program, I get an message saying "File read error Unable to open"
    The program keeps referencing spi2827.tmp for dBPoweramp and spi8228.tmp for PerfectTUNES.

I have dowloaded the programs multiple times and keep getting the same error message.

Administrator

Re: Can't Install PerfecTunes or dBpoweramp

It is most likely your security software is blocking the install from running. What security software do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is most likely your security software is blocking the install from running. What security software do you have?
    Running Avast. I have disabled it on a temporary basis. The programs still will not install. Also, I keep getting a message that the files are corrupted. But I keep downloading the same files over and over again.

Administrator

Have a look through your list of installed programs on the system, you might have anti-malware or similar also. It is 100% security software which is stopping the install from running.

All antivirus and malware programs are turned off. Still get the same error messages.

Administrator

Ensure your temp folder exists and has plenty of free space, open a Windows explorer window and type:

%tmp%

You should see files written to this folder (sort by date) when the installer is run.

I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I have a temp directory on my "C" drive. The "C" Drive has 64GB used out of 500.
    There is plenty of space.

I still get an error message that says the PerfectTunes install file is corrupted and to download another copy. It doesn't matter how many times I download.

Administrator

I do not know what to suggest, other than to uninstall the security software (and look through the list of installed programs), the installer is being blocked.

dBpoweramp Guru

You are installing software as administrator?

Assuming you are running on Windows, maybe try installing in windows safe mode.