title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Codec Issues

Angry Codec Issues

Hello Everyone

I'm having problems trying to convert files to wav or any other format. I've got wav codec installed which has resulted me having to use Audacity to do the ones it couldn't convert. I've purchased this software with intention to use for my music needs but I'm really beginning to lose hope with it as it's not fulfilling my needs. If anyone can help me in any way I would be very grateful as it's really infuriating me.

thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Codec Issues

Which OS? Which dBpa version? Which codec for the source files? What error message?

Dat Ei

Hi thanks for responding to this post when you had a spare moment

The OS I'm using is Windows 10 and the dBP I'm using is a purchased one. I've also downloaded the wavpack codec which is a release 12.

The messages I keep getting are as below:

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\SG archive\Bucketheads - tha bomb (bootleg remix).mp3' to 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\New folder\Bucketheads - tha bomb (bootleg remix).wav'
    Error decoding mp3 data stream, is corrupt?

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\SG archive\OJ - Saw (Bass Mix).wma' to 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\New folder\OJ - Saw (Bass Mix).wav'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\Niche and Capitol Classics\desktop.ini' to 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\Niche and capitol\desktop.wav'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.ini', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

they're the messages I keep getting it's only a select few I'm pretty lost on what else to do next.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    The OS I'm using is Windows 10 and the dBP I'm using is a purchased one.
    Recently bought? So it is a registered version of R16? Which one exactly?

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\SG archive\Bucketheads - tha bomb (bootleg remix).mp3' to 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\New folder\Bucketheads - tha bomb (bootleg remix).wav'
    Error decoding mp3 data stream, is corrupt?
    That looks like the source file is cprrupted.

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\SG archive\OJ - Saw (Bass Mix).wma' to 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\New folder\OJ - Saw (Bass Mix).wav'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]
    Can you play that file with WMP?

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\Niche and Capitol Classics\desktop.ini' to 'C:\Users\Trickster\Desktop\Niche and capitol\desktop.wav'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.ini', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]
    desktop.ini isn't a audio file at all...

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Update: Did you install the WMA codec from that site?

Dat Ei

The release version is the 16.4 it doesn't say I need to update it as that icon isn't highlighted.

Yup on the official website itself. The ones that I'm having trouble trying to convert still plays on WMP

the desktop.ini It's saved in a folder on my desktop could that have anything to do with it?

is there a way to fix corrupted music files? as it plays fine in windows media player

Trickster

dBpoweramp Guru

The release version is the 16.4 it doesn't say I need to update it as that icon isn't highlighted.
    Ok, but did you install that additional codec for WMA?

Yup on the official website itself. The ones that I'm having trouble trying to convert still plays on WMP
    I've just checked it on my PC. I could play a WMA file, but without the additional codec I couldn't convert the WMA file.

the desktop.ini It's saved in a folder on my desktop could that have anything to do with it?
    IMHO no. Just exclude that file from the conversion.

is there a way to fix corrupted music files? as it plays fine in windows media player
    The fact that you can play that file does not mean that it is ok from the point of view of the standard.

Dat Ei

I've just been on that list you've gave me and pointed to the ones necessary. I've just downloaded the Windows Media Codec 9 to see if that does any difference. I'm just going to do it with every codec that I might come across as a precaution.

also could be effect on how the music is ripped? As I do own quite a lot of tunes ripped from vinyl?

dBpoweramp Guru

I've just been on that list you've gave me and pointed to the ones necessary. I've just downloaded the Windows Media Codec 9 to see if that does any difference. I'm just going to do it with every codec that I might come across as a precaution.
    Ok. If you have installed the WMA codec already, I don't really understand, why the error message is "Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed?" for the wma file. Can you see in the Control Center that the WMA codec is installed? Is the 32bit or 64bit Version of the WMA codec installed? Are you running the 32bit or 64bit version of dBpa?

also could be effect on how the music is ripped? As I do own quite a lot of tunes ripped from vinyl?
    If the encoder has been faulty, that could be a problem. But that does not explain the error message above.

Dat Ei

I'm currently running the 64 bit version of the software on windows 10. I saw the list of codecs you posted on here to a previous reply I clicked on them and downloaded not long back. I wasn't aware of that list until now. I clicked on the relevant codecs matching the specifications of the software I'm running hopefully that should ease the issues I've been having.

I'll have a go at converting the tracks I've been having trouble converting if the same still happens even though downloading the relevant codecs I'm going to have to rip it again and do it that way.