title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDCD DSP Not Working in Windows 10

Re: HDCD DSP Not Working in Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    R17 will use a different HDCD decoder (one built in) so the HDCD.exe cannot be blocked.
    That sounds great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    R17 will use a different HDCD decoder (one built in) so the HDCD.exe cannot be blocked.
    Hi, Spoon. Any idea when R17 will be released? I still haven't been able to get that HDCD DSP to work.

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Ho Tep View Post
    Hi, Spoon. Any idea when R17 will be released? I still haven't been able to get that HDCD DSP to work.
    I believe you need to work out what changed in your system, that caused HDCD.exe to stop working in the first place. It suggests you have a problem with your system and you may have similar problems with other software applications, later down the line.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I had this issue as well. I was using Normalize and HDCD Effects, and I would get the confirmation that HDCD tracks were detected, but the files were still 16 bit. After I removed the Normalize DsP effect, the files were 24 bit.

Is it not possible to use both?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I believe you need to work out what changed in your system, that caused HDCD.exe to stop working in the first place. It suggests you have a problem with your system and you may have similar problems with other software applications, later down the line.
    This is proving to be a drawn out and painful process. I've tried to use Foobar2000 to decode HDCD tracks and it doesn't work there either. Works fine with CueTools, however.