title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 4K Display Problems.

4K Display Problems.

Hello to all the forum members.

Yet again the latest update for Windows 10 has cased me problems on My HP x360 Spector laptop, after the update File Explorer stop working, i kept getting the error message "file explorer not responding" and could not access my files and had to eventual reset the laptop to factory defaults settings after all the fixes did not work.

I reloaded dBpoweramp and PerfectTUNES, my main problem i am getting is when i go to file explorer and right click and select "Edit ID-Tag", before every thing displayed with with no problems text clear etc, now all the text is small and lots of gray lines appear under the text as i move the mouse cursor, DPI scalling on my laptop is set to 300%. All programs display with no problems before (except PerfectTUNES), all display with no problems now except "Edit ID-Tag" in file explorer. I have downloaded dBpoweramp R16.5 beta hoping that this would solve the problem but it still exists, any help from forum members would be greatly appreciated.

PerfectTUNES has never displayed properly on my 4K screen, i have downloded PerfectTUNES 3 beta but the problem still exists.

Edward

Administrator

Re: 4K Display Problems.

It is odd because dBpoweramp since R16 has been 100% compatible with 4K screens, I run one myself. Setting to 300% scaling, right click Edit ID Tag and everything shows perfectly.

Perhaps you have changed the scaling settings for dBpoweramp in the past to try to fix something? Getpopupinfo controls the edit id tag, if you have manually set scaling options for this program undo them.

PerfectTUNES r3 is also 100% compatible with 4K screens.

"Perhaps you have changed the scaling settings for dBpoweramp in the past to try to fix something? Getpopupinfo controls the edit id tag, if you have manually set scaling options for this program undo them."

PerfectTUNES r3 is also 100% compatible with 4K screens.[/QUOTE]

Hello Spoon.

Thank you for you quick replay, CD Riper, Batch Converter all work worth no problems on the 4K display, it is only when i want to edit the metadata using "Edit ID-Tag" on File Explorer that i am having problems, it work with no problems up until three days ago but then Microsoft struck again. i have made no changes except setting the computer back to factory defaults and reloading Windows 10.

I am not sure what you mean by "Perhaps you have changed the scaling settings for dBpoweramp" and "Getpopupinfo controls the edit id tag", any guidance on how to correct this on dBpoweramp and PerfectTUNES would be appreciated.

Edward

Administrator

Did you see a message about 'fix blurry apps'?

Did you see a message about 'fix blurry apps'?

Yes.

Not sure how to fix this.

Edward

Now that i memory is coming back, i remember i got this message immediately after the windows 10 update, this is when File Explorer stop working.

Edward

Administrator

type into the start menu 'fix' and the program to fix blurry apps is shown, try turning it off.

fix blurry apps is off.
    Problem still exists, just ripped my first cd since reloading poweramp, the main cd riper window look fine, the dialog box to configure accuraterip was small.

Edward

Administrator

AccurateRips dialog would be small, it is not 4K aware.

I am out of Ideas if the issue persists.

Thank you for all your help, greatly appreciated.

Next Monday i am going to raise the issue with the Hewlett Packard support department, will keep you updated.

Edward