title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem Ripping a CD on Mac, but Rips fine on Windows...

Problem Ripping a CD on Mac, but Rips fine on Windows...

I purchased both the Mac & Windows versions of dBpoweramp. I am using the latest Reference Versions. I have the 2 disc CD Hank Williams - 40 Greatest Hits. The Mac gave an error on disc 1 track 19. It shows the size as 6.03TB. Disc 2 show track 19 also as 6.03TB. When open CD Ripper on Windows 10 track 19 shows as 17,631KB. I was able to get a sucessful rip of both discs with the windows version. What seems to cause the mac version to show the track 19 as so large a file that it can't be ripped?

Administrator

Re: Problem Ripping a CD on Mac, but Rips fine on Windows...

It is likely the CD drive reading the CD wrong, you can try a different drive on the mac?

Re: Problem Ripping a CD on Mac, but Rips fine on Windows...

That was exactly the problem. Put it in an external BD burner and it shows track 19 as 17MB is size. I guess the external LG DVD burner drive just didn't like the discs. I had this issue with one of the discs in the Bob Dylan Bootleg Series Vol 12. Had the same issue the next to the last track showed as TB's in size.

Thanks