title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerfile Driver

Powerfile Driver

I'm trying to integrate a recently purchased (yes - eBay) Powerfile. Windows 10 and of course dbPoweramp do not recognize the Powerfile. It dawned on me the driver is necessary, but I'm having a TERRIBLE time locating the driver on the net. Can anyone help me with either a link or share?
    Thanks!

Re: Powerfile Driver

OK - I finally located the driver and installed it. Now Windows 10 shows the Powerfile C200 in device manager. However the Batch Ripper does not show it. Any suggestions?

Administrator

You have installed the Batch Ripper Media Changer driver? and run Batch Ripper configuration? to add the changer to Batch Ripper?

OK I loaded the Batch Ripper Media Changer driver. I saw no option to 'add the changer to the batch ripper'. Instead it listed two DVD RAM Drives D: and E:. There was no option anywhere I could see to 'offer spindle change after (never)' either. Still no mention of Powerfile, just two additional DVD RAM drives.

What should I tackle next?

Administrator

Which of those drives is the Powerfile?

both? who knows. they were not their before..

Administrator

See:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/BatchRipper/config.html

You would configure the drive for the power file, set the Loading Method to 'Media Changer' and test load a disc.

yes - configuring as "media changer" is a game changer. btw - powerfile does in fact contain two drives and both must be configured. i'm able to run the cl1 test with no errors and no results (nothing loaded). I found the powerfile tech manual online which is a good resource of information. powerfile tech manual unfortunately exceeds the file size for this site (2MB) so I can't post it.
    Last edited by survey_sez; 06-29-2018 at 03:34 PM.

I hate to be so stupid but I still cannot get this working. windows 10 device manager does list the powerfile. neither dbpoweramp or batch ripper list the powerfile. instead they list the individual (2) DVD RAM drives. Loading a CD does not appear in either Batchripper or dBPoweramp. What should I try next?

Administrator

> instead they list the individual (2) DVD RAM drives.

That would be correct, in batch ripper you would configure (with the batch ripper configuration program) both drives as the Media Changer, then they appear in batch ripper as 2 drives. Try the test load in batch ripper configuration.

If you load a CD then look in Windows explorer, it should list the cd as an audio cd in the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    > instead they list the individual (2) DVD RAM drives.

That would be correct, in batch ripper you would configure (with the batch ripper configuration program) both drives as the Media Changer, then they appear in batch ripper as 2 drives. Try the test load in batch ripper configuration.

If you load a CD then look in Windows explorer, it should list the cd as an audio cd in the drive.
    Nothing appears in Windows explorer under either of the two drives. I re-installed dB PowerAmp without any luck. I didn't see an option for 'test load' anywhere..

Administrator

Until you get the drives working manually in Windows Explorer, dBpoweramp will not be able to rip.

The changer (loader) is different to the drives, so it is possible to have that work, yet the drives not work. It is possible the interface card is not compatible, I seem to remember these loaders would not work in Windows 7, and needed Windows XP.

I can load a CD with the front panel on the Powerfile. When I go to explorer, I see the two drives, but selecting either drive it says 'load a cd' as if there is nothing in the drive. Perhaps the Powerfile driver needs to be re-installed? Is there any trick to installing that old driver for Windows 10? Could you please explain the 'test load' you suggested?

Administrator

The test load is in Batch Ripper configuration and instructs the CD to be loaded into the drive.

I have not tried or heard of anyone who managed to get it working in Windows 7, yet alone Windows 10.

Hmmmm. What about an XP virtual machine? Fortunately, the latest dbpoweramp batch ripper is advertised to run under Windows XP. Windows 10 supports a feature called Hyper-V which specifically provides hardware virtualization. That means each virtual machine runs on virtual hardware. Hyper-V lets you create virtual hard drives, virtual switches, and a number of other virtual devices all of which can be added to virtual machines. This will be my next challenge..If it works I'll start a new how-to thread.
    Last edited by survey_sez; 09-23-2018 at 09:13 PM.