title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Different metadata on a same cd between R16-Mac/R14.4-Windows

Different metadata on a same cd between R16-Mac/R14.4-Windows

Hi,

Can you shed some light for me please.

I'am trying CD Ripper on Mac while being a long time user of R14.4 on Windows 7. I encounter the following problems :

On W7 : providers are : GD3, MusicBrain and Freedb
    On Mac : all by default

- on a cd, I've got perfect metadata from R14. But on R16 of Mac, it's kinda of but not quite right. In general my metadata on Mac
    - on Mac, I cannot see individual data from each active provider, while this appears easily while reviewing metadata.
    - on Mac, how do I unselect some providers ?

Thx

Administrator

Re: Different metadata on a same cd between R16-Mac/R14.4-Windows

You can review the metadata from the providers by clicking the Red label button on the tool bar.

You should also be able to unselect providers by clicking the green settings button on the tool bar.

Some typos.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelFr View Post
    Hi,

Can you shed some light for me please.

I'am trying CD Ripper on Mac while being a long time user of R14.4 on Windows 7. I encounter the following problems :

On W7 : providers are : GD3, MusicBrain and Freedb
    On Mac : all by default

- on a cd, I've got perfect metadata from R14. But on R16 of Mac, it's kinda of ok but not quite right. In general my metadata on Mac are not as good as on W7
    - on Mac, I cannot see individual data from each active provider, while on W7 this appears easily while reviewing metadata.
    - on Mac, how do I unselect some providers ?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can review the metadata from the providers by clicking the Red label button on the tool bar.

You should also be able to unselect providers by clicking the green settings button on the tool bar.
    Here is what I see on reviewing meta data of this old CD. Where do I see/select tag data from each provider to adjust to my taste ?

scrshot2 copie.jpg

Administrator

The issue here is that the metadata is read from the cache, which is stored on your computer, as it has been looked up before. Press the refresh button on the tool bar first to re-read the metadata.

Hi,

1/ How do I check that my trial installation is correct ? I've ripped 10-15 of my CDs on Mac without getting any metadata except from FreeDB. All providers are on. With R14.3 on Win 7, all is fine.

2/ I have just a regular Mac without any specific security setup as far as I know.

Administrator

If you are getting just from freedb then the trial has ended. You can check the status by looking at 'dBpoweramp Control Centre'

My trial has not ended. Any other hint ?

Administrator

Run dBpoweramp Control Centre, it will state the status of the trial, to me it sounds like it is not active.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Run dBpoweramp Control Centre, it will state the status of the trial, to me it sounds like it is not active.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 19.37.33.jpg

I started evaluating on my personal Mac and continued on my professional Mac.