title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

no sound from FLAC file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nos4a2
    • Jun 2018

no sound from FLAC file

Hello:
    New to this forum (and any forum, for that matter). I recently downloaded a large file from hdTracks (FLAC 176/24) on a flash drive to play on my OPPO 203 UDP DVD player. The OPPO can play FLAC files, so I assumed i would have no problems. The player loaded the files, showed the album art, titles, tracks, and started to play. But absolutely no sound. My preamp/processor (Emotiva MC-700) showed "no audio." Because the entire file is so big (2GB), I just burnt one track on to a CD to see if I got sound with that medium. The OPPO gave the same results but referred to the CD as a "data disk."All results were the same as the flash drive: no sound. Hdtracks suggested I use one of the conversion apps (dBpoweramp was suggested first) to reconvert FLAC to FLAC. I tried that with no results. Still no sound. So either I can't play FLAC files, don't no how to re-convert a file, or there is something else I have overlooked. I was originally just curious to hear a high resolution file to see if I noticed a substantial difference, but it now seems to be turning into a project. Any suggestions?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: no sound from FLAC file

Try playing it on your PC, install foobar 2000 which certainly can handle those kind of files, does it play the file?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nos4a2
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try playing it on your PC, install foobar 2000 which certainly can handle those kind of files, does it play the file?
      Thanks for the quick response. When I double click on one of the tracks from the album, Quick Time pops up and starts playing the track. There IS sound on the computer! But never on the my stereo. I have a Mac, not a PC.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Then the issue is with the Emotiva MC-700, it is possible it cannot play any 24 bit flac file.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nos4a2
          • Jun 2018

Thanks for the response Will check with Emotiva and see what they have say.

Comment

Working...

]]>