title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPNP not showing up

Asset UPNP not showing up

When using BubbleUPNP I cannot see AssetUPNP in my library list. Plex running on the same PC is showing up and Lightning server (upnp server on my streamer) is also showing up. Checked firewall but it is available.

I am using Windows 10 1803 and AssetUPNP 6.1

Administrator

Re: Asset UPNP not showing up

Do other control points see asset?

No, I just tried another app on my Phone and server is not there

Administrator

You have been running Asset for a long time, at which point did it stop working and what was changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have been running Asset for a long time, at which point did it stop working and what was changed?
    It was already difficult to connect and play music for sometime. Especially after moving to Linksys velop mesh wifi network. After installing windows 10 1803 it is not working anymore at all.

Administrator

It is possible the Windows update wiped all of Assets settings, it has been known to do this. Try uninstalling Asset, then reinstalling.

Ok tried it with no change. I now do notice that after starting an app it finds 2 UPNP servers immediately and Asset is sometimes found after a few minutes but most if the times it does not show up. Can this be related to virtual machines running on the same server (Asset is not installed on virtual machine but on the host). Network config:

Name: Ethernet
    Description: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
    Physical address (MAC):
    Maximum transmission unit: 1500
    Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 1000/1000 (Mbps)
    DHCP enabled: No
    IPv4 address: 192.168.10.10/24
    IPv6 address:
    Default gateway: 192.168.10.1
    DNS servers: 192.168.10.1
    DNS domain name:
    DNS connection suffix:
    DNS search suffix list:
    Network name: Network 2
    Network category: Private
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Connected to Internet / Connected to unknown network

Name: vEthernet (TTorrie)
    Description: Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter
    Physical address (MAC):
    Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 1000/1000 (Mbps)
    DHCP enabled: Yes
    DHCP servers: 192.168.10.1
    DHCP lease obtained: &*8206;donderdag &*8206;21 &*8206;juni &*8206;2018 12:23:16
    DHCP lease expires: &*8206;vrijdag &*8206;22 &*8206;juni &*8206;2018 12:23:16
    IPv4 address: 192.168.10.29/24
    IPv6 address: fe80::f05b:91c1:be2:c51%6/64
    Default gateway: 192.168.10.1
    DNS servers: 213.46.228.196, 62.179.104.196
    DNS domain name:
    DNS connection suffix:
    DNS search suffix list:
    Network name: Network 2
    Network category: Private
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Connected to Internet / Connected to unknown network

Name: vEthernet (Default Switch)
    Description: Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter *2
    Physical address (MAC):
    IPv4 address: 172.30.95.193/28
    IPv6 address: fe80::b4f0:5d89:18b0:6ef2%9/64
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Connected to unknown network, no traffic

Administrator

Possibly if the network connection is shared, but it is more likely the router which is not doing UPnP discovery (SSDP) correctly (it is the router which is the center of the network).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Possibly if the network connection is shared, but it is more likely the router which is not doing UPnP discovery (SSDP) correctly (it is the router which is the center of the network).
    But why are 2 other UPNP servers available on the same network and one (PLEX) UPNP server running on the same server and another one running on another device. If it is a router problem the other UPNP servers were not available as well.

Administrator

They might have implemented the standard incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by gebla View Post
    It was already difficult to connect and play music for sometime. Especially after moving to Linksys velop mesh wifi network. After installing windows 10 1803 it is not working anymore at all.
    I can confirm (as Spoon says) that many Windows 10 updates, INCLUDING update 1803, will wipe much of the Asset configuration. In my case, because I have customised the settings, I always have to replace the customised files into the Asset program folder.
    If you haven't done any customisation, best thing is to re-install Asset. In either case you will need to restart Asset and rescan the library, if you haven't already.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chrisletts View Post
    I can confirm (as Spoon says) that many Windows 10 updates, INCLUDING update 1803, will wipe much of the Asset configuration. In my case, because I have customised the settings, I always have to replace the customised files into the Asset program folder.
    It isn't that it will wipe the Asset configuration, just that in some cases it may, so users need to be aware of a potential issue and backup the Asset configuration folder, regularly.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    It isn't that it will wipe the Asset configuration, just that in some cases it may, so users need to be aware of a potential issue and backup the Asset configuration folder, regularly.
    ... which will vary, depending on the OS (32-bit or 64-bit) and the Asset Running Mode (local account or service).