title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New RipNas CD-Drive - Ripping doesn't start

Post New RipNas CD-Drive - Ripping doesn't start

Hello everybody,
    my Ripnas S1000 with Windows Homes Server (Verson 5.2.3790) runs perfectly for over 8 years.
    As the CD drive broke last month, I reinstallesd the system with the Rescue CD. Now there ist already a registered version of Batch Ripper an dBpoweramp preinstalled.
    The new drive is recognized by Windows as drive E:. Access to titles and data is possible.

=> Unfortunately the ripping process does not start anymore.

I already looked at the "Batch Ripper - Configuration" and "dBpoweramp Configuration" in the start menu, but I can not find a starting point.
    In the Taskmanager the two services "Batch Ripper.exe" and "BatchRipper Service.exe" are active.

I hope someone can help.
    Thanks a lot
    Andreas

Administrator

Re: New RipNas CD-Drive - Ripping doesn't start

If you have replaced the CD drive, the system will not operate with a different model of CD drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you have replaced the CD drive, the system will not operate with a different model of CD drive.
    Hi Spoon, thanks for the quick answer.
    Is there a possibility to fix this with buying a new CD-Ripper Licence?

Administrator

It is not a matter of licensing, Ripnas was manually configured to work with that drive. You can try Remote desktop connect to ripnas, disable the ripnas service and manually run it (batch ripper).