title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows 10 trying to use converter all it creates is useless .tmp files -5kb.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AaronGR
    • Jun 2018

Windows 10 trying to use converter all it creates is useless .tmp files -5kb.

Hello, Trial User Here 16.4.Ref-Trialx64

I heard alot of great things about this application from Reddit I get a lot of my music from Bandcamp. I like to keep the files in FLAC and then when necessary wanted to convert them to MP3.

Well it can do the MP3. But any time I try to change something into FLAC say its APE or Even an Mp3 to flac just to mess around and test it. I get these tiny .flac files or .flac.tmp files. I am starting to get my wits end. I have for a few days not on my free time been googling Dbpoweramp problems with windows 10. I made sure my TMP files is /appdata/ was security Everyone with write/read. and made sure no bogus access user names where apparent. That changes nothing no matter what i do I tried running the program as admin, tried uninstalling then using your dBpoweramp-Reset tool, and choosing a few different directory like C root directory. nothing no matter what i do even if i turn on Verify Data does nothing will pretend to go through a 16track cf at blazer speed and then just end and leave all these useless 5kb tracks in its place.

I use Windows 10 X64 Pro all updated with no antivirus but what ever comes with windows and UAC disabled.

-AaronGR
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Windows 10 trying to use converter all it creates is useless .tmp files -5kb.

Did you see Spoon's post about the error in the flac libs? Click here!

Dat Ei

Comment

• AaronGR
      • Jun 2018

Re: Windows 10 trying to use converter all it creates is useless .tmp files -5kb.

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Did you see Spoon's post about the error in the flac libs? Click here!

Dat Ei
      Whoa, It's working now! thank you so much Dat Ei, its very fast to go from APE to Flac much faster than Flac to MP3. When it encodes a legacy FlAC 1.2.1 file just for testing purposes, the new output is 1.3.2. My processor and MB are the oldest components on my computer/ both over 10 years old. AMD Phenom X4 955BE, I had not considered that its age would be messing with encoding stuff. I figure it must have to do with the instructions like SSE and others that are known for encoding. I did have an intel i5-2500k but the power-supply ended up sending that little beast to an early fiery grave.
      -Aaron

Comment

Working...

]]>