title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error message after updating to Asset UPnP 6.1 (Linux x64 - Synology)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oafrenning
    • Jan 2018

Error message after updating to Asset UPnP 6.1 (Linux x64 - Synology)

After updating AssetUpnP from v 6.0 to 6.1 on my Synology (64 bit linux version) I get the following error on the status screen

"Internal error, details below:
    WARNING: Profile folder has only 905625600 bytes of free space, which may not be sufficient for album art cache. Music indexing may fail."

I've tried rebuilding the asset index, but the error message is still there. Everything else appears to be working fine, although I have not yet had a change to perform a full test.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Error message after updating to Asset UPnP 6.1 (Linux x64 - Synology)

The notice is there to warn you about a potential failure condition. Asset builds a cache of album cover pictures in its profile folder, which has been known to reach multiple gigabytes in size for some music libraries. A free space check was introduced to inform you if the amount of free space appears low - before we would just fail to index when running out of space. I'll get it changed not to say "error" as it's not an error condition yet when you still have about 900MB left.

You can use Asset just fine despite of this 'error'. You might consider redirecting Asset profile data into some other location within your NAS with more free space, the error will go away then.
    Last edited by PeterP; 06-19-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• oafrenning
      • Jan 2018

Thanks for your feedback!
      I solved it by stopping the asset service, deleting the cache and settings folder and rebuilding the index. No error message now.

I was mainly puzzled by the disk space notification, as the volume has more than 2TB free space, and there's no quota on the user profile (cache and settings are stored in /.dBpoweramp on the drive root)
      Anyway, no issues after manually clearing the cache and reindexing, so happy days here!

Comment

• erratus
        • Jul 2018

When restarting the Synology NAS or restarting Asset UPNP via the web interface, the directory for the configuration files is reset to its original state and the error message appears again. How can I change the path permanently?

Comment

Working...

]]>