title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC Folder Properties Discrepency

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

Re: FLAC Folder Properties Discrepency

Paul,

You must have been unlucky in John Lewis; their staff are normally well trained, friendly and helpful. They price match with any bricks and mortar shop covering the area, and the customer is always right when it comes to refund. Good luck with some of that from an Apple store.

My eight year old HP laptop is still running problem free, BUT, it does run on Windows 7.

Oggy

Comment

• Jailhouse
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
      But after spending 90 mins on the phone this week and also visiting Liverpool's Apple store, my eyes have really been opened.
      If you ever buy a Mac, don't break it. I've seen reports of Apple outright refusing to repair or replace units suffering physical damage.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Oggy
        You must have been unlucky in John Lewis; their staff are normally well trained, friendly and helpful. They price match with any bricks and mortar shop covering the area, and the customer is always right when it comes to refund. Good luck with some of that from an Apple store.

My eight year old HP laptop is still running problem free, BUT, it does run on Windows 7.
        Oggy,

The issue with John Lewis was with the service, and the staff's knowledge, rather than the prices. I never got as far as pricing anything up to be honest.

Windows 7 was great. But many digital-audio-workstation companies force you to keep upgrading your OS in order for the sake of 'comparability'. I have experienced this (with Steinberg) since 2012 now.

Paul
        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-09-2018, 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Jailhouse
          If you ever buy a Mac, don't break it. I've seen reports of Apple outright refusing to repair or replace units suffering physical damage.
          JH,

I have never heard of this, but I am not disputing you. I live alone and with no pets, plus I would not be taking it out of my home.

Paul

Comment

Working...

]]>