title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FLAC Folder Properties Discrepency

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: FLAC Folder Properties Discrepency

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hewlett Packard took remote-access today and the agent could not understand why this was happening, and had not seen it ever before.
    The standard answer from almost all phone technical support personnel.

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you run the windows disk error checking (chkdsk) on the drive(s)?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Hi Garym,

Either that or they just blame the latest Windoze update/OS.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I will give it a try thanks Mville.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Well, based on personal experience with numerous issues, Microsoft has far too many underemployed novice programmers on their staff, and they let them break all kinds of things in Windows that have worked well for years, for absolutely no good reason.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    Well, based on personal experience with numerous issues, Microsoft has far too many underemployed novice programmers on their staff, and they let them break all kinds of things in Windows that have worked well for years, for absolutely no good reason.
    Hi Scmidj,

Well after spending 3 and a half hours remote-access, the agent was unsuccessful in solving anything whatsoever. Although to be fair, I will credit him with one thing: he has now managed to slow my PC down by 10 times its original speed; I kid you not!

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Mville,

Disc is running fine, thanks.

However, after all of the palaver, Hewlett Packard have advised me to try formatting the PC (its only bloody 7 weeks old!). I am totally furious and so now my case has been escalated to the highest level. I am awaiting a call next week from an expert to resolve it ...

Cheers.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 06-23-2018 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Garym,

I sincerely hope this does not follow the same path as (my) last years : "The Saga Of The Sony Walkman"!

Cheers.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 06-23-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Angry Re: FLAC Folder Properties Discrepency

Hi,

Remember : "The Saga Of The Sony Walkman"!

Well the brand new HP laptop - after a Windows repair, system restore, and two reformats! - has been sent back to them today. I totally freaked out on them and told them that either they refund me or I am writing to the Ombudsman and reporting the matter to the police. Absolutely dreadful computer and appalling Customer Services.

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-05-2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Best of luck in getting a quality computer. Life is complicated enough. Our "tools" should simply work!

dBpoweramp Guru

Best of luck in getting a quality computer. Life is complicated enough. Our "tools" should simply work!
    Hi Garym,

Funny you should mention this; I visited the Apple store in Liverpool yesterday, and was looking at desktop iMacs. I can't deal with Windoze any longer.

I plan to open a new thread on this matter...

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Garym,

Funny you should mention this; I visited the Apple store in Liverpool yesterday, and was looking at desktop iMacs. I can't deal with Windoze any longer.

I plan to open a new thread on this matter...

Cheers,

Paul
    Different strokes for different folks. Many in my family use Macs. I hate them. I can never figure anything out and so many programs I use don't run on a Mac (dbpa only recently created a Mac version). Obviously this is because I've been using Windows machines since the the first IBM PC circa 1984.

dBpoweramp Guru

Different strokes for different folks. Many in my family use Macs. I hate them. I can never figure anything out and so many programs I use don't run on a Mac (dbpa only recently created a Mac version). Obviously this is because I've been using Windows machines since the the first IBM PC circa 1984.
    I think that if you use Windows then you need to be quite well versed in computers. And of course you will be very used to their systems if you have used them for so long. My friends with Macs use (like I intend to) music composing/recording s/w. Because Apple make Logic (Apple's DAW [digital audio workstation]), then it works flawlessly with a Mac, etc, etc. The constant battle I have had (and so many musicians in my situation have) is that Steinberg (who make 'Cubase' DAW) blame MS every time there is a Windows update, and MS blames Steinberg. This, for me, has gone on for nearly 10 years (which is when I bought my first PC).

I do have to admit, I totally Apple as a company for so many years and thought that many Mac owners were posers and d***heads. But after spending 90 mins on the phone this week and also visiting Liverpool's Apple store, my eyes have really been opened.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-05-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

I think that if you use Windows then you need to be quite well versed in computers. And of course you will be very used to their systems if you have used them for so long. My friends with Macs use (like I intend to) music composing/recording s/w. Because Apple make Logic (Apple's DAW [digital audio workstation]), then it works flawlessly with a Mac, etc, etc. The constant battle I have had (and so many musicians in my situation have) is that Steinberg (who make 'Cubase' DAW) blame MS every time there is a Windows update, and MS blames Steinberg. This, for me, has gone on for nearly 10 years (which is when I bought my first PC).

I do have to admit, I totally Apple as a company for so many years and thought that many Mac owners were posers and d***heads. But after spending 90 mins on the phone this week and also visiting Liverpool's Apple store, my eyes have really been opened.
    Whilst you are entitled to your views and I appreciate that you may well have had a bad experience with your HP laptop and windows, I can assure you as an experienced Mac and now Windows user, the grass is NOT greener on the other side.

As for your comment re. the Apple store... etc., exactly what have your eyes been opened to?

dBpoweramp Guru

As for your comment re. the Apple store... etc., exactly what have your eyes been opened to?
    Mville,

I also went in to inquire about a replacement set of headphones (for my 25 year old Sennheisers). I walked out of John Lewis and Richer Sounds just before as the service was utterly abysmal; to the point where I am considering writing in to complain. The lady in the Apple store even let me stand outside of the store for 5 minutes - among the busy shoppers - so that I could test out the 'noise-cancellation' feature.

Paul