title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FLAC Folder Properties Discrepency

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: FLAC Folder Properties Discrepency

Paul,

You must have been unlucky in John Lewis; their staff are normally well trained, friendly and helpful. They price match with any bricks and mortar shop covering the area, and the customer is always right when it comes to refund. Good luck with some of that from an Apple store.

My eight year old HP laptop is still running problem free, BUT, it does run on Windows 7.

Oggy

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    But after spending 90 mins on the phone this week and also visiting Liverpool's Apple store, my eyes have really been opened.
    If you ever buy a Mac, don't break it. I've seen reports of Apple outright refusing to repair or replace units suffering physical damage.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    You must have been unlucky in John Lewis; their staff are normally well trained, friendly and helpful. They price match with any bricks and mortar shop covering the area, and the customer is always right when it comes to refund. Good luck with some of that from an Apple store.

My eight year old HP laptop is still running problem free, BUT, it does run on Windows 7.
    Oggy,

The issue with John Lewis was with the service, and the staff's knowledge, rather than the prices. I never got as far as pricing anything up to be honest.

Windows 7 was great. But many digital-audio-workstation companies force you to keep upgrading your OS in order for the sake of 'comparability'. I have experienced this (with Steinberg) since 2012 now.

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-09-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    If you ever buy a Mac, don't break it. I've seen reports of Apple outright refusing to repair or replace units suffering physical damage.
    JH,

I have never heard of this, but I am not disputing you. I live alone and with no pets, plus I would not be taking it out of my home.

Paul