title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help with PerfectTUNES IDtag edits

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kpcols
    • Jun 2018

Need help with PerfectTUNES IDtag edits

Can someone help me with a problem editing metadata using PerfectTUNES? I have no problem with editing tags on ripped CDs and no problem with most downloaded HD albums. I am very frustrated however, that some HD downloads have grayed-out metadata fields and I cannot add or edit. Nothing appears in the fields (ie no album, artist, genre, composer, etc) when browsing the files and folders on my PC. In addition, the tracks, titles do not appear when browsing the folders/files with my PC. My digital music player(Lumin U1) does display metadata for these files. Some of it is incorrect and this makes the sort and find functions problematic - thus my desire to edit.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need help with PerfectTUNES IDtag edits

PerfectTUNES can only edit metadata using its 'ID Tag' program, not through Windows Explorer.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kpcols
      • Jun 2018

Thank you, however I was using the ID Tag program as a fully registered (Reference Registered) user. Since I originally posted, I have determined that all the files I have problems with are DSD files. How do I use ID Tag program to edit metadata on DSD files? I have had no problems editing other format files. Thanks for any help you can give me - and thanks for very prompt reply to my original post!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

.DSD file format does not support ID Tags.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jkauff
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Kpcols
          Thank you, however I was using the ID Tag program as a fully registered (Reference Registered) user. Since I originally posted, I have determined that all the files I have problems with are DSD files. How do I use ID Tag program to edit metadata on DSD files? I have had no problems editing other format files. Thanks for any help you can give me - and thanks for very prompt reply to my original post!
          Can you re-download the files in .DSF format? Tags are supported in .DSF files.

If your files are already .DSF, make sure you have the dBp codec for DSD installed.

Comment

Working...

]]>