title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need help with PerfectTUNES IDtag edits

Need help with PerfectTUNES IDtag edits

Can someone help me with a problem editing metadata using PerfectTUNES? I have no problem with editing tags on ripped CDs and no problem with most downloaded HD albums. I am very frustrated however, that some HD downloads have grayed-out metadata fields and I cannot add or edit. Nothing appears in the fields (ie no album, artist, genre, composer, etc) when browsing the files and folders on my PC. In addition, the tracks, titles do not appear when browsing the folders/files with my PC. My digital music player(Lumin U1) does display metadata for these files. Some of it is incorrect and this makes the sort and find functions problematic - thus my desire to edit.

Administrator

Re: Need help with PerfectTUNES IDtag edits

PerfectTUNES can only edit metadata using its 'ID Tag' program, not through Windows Explorer.

Thank you, however I was using the ID Tag program as a fully registered (Reference Registered) user. Since I originally posted, I have determined that all the files I have problems with are DSD files. How do I use ID Tag program to edit metadata on DSD files? I have had no problems editing other format files. Thanks for any help you can give me - and thanks for very prompt reply to my original post!

Administrator

.DSD file format does not support ID Tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpcols View Post
    Thank you, however I was using the ID Tag program as a fully registered (Reference Registered) user. Since I originally posted, I have determined that all the files I have problems with are DSD files. How do I use ID Tag program to edit metadata on DSD files? I have had no problems editing other format files. Thanks for any help you can give me - and thanks for very prompt reply to my original post!
    Can you re-download the files in .DSF format? Tags are supported in .DSF files.

If your files are already .DSF, make sure you have the dBp codec for DSD installed.