title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Apple lossless for streaming - how to tell if files are "structured" for streaming?

Apple lossless for streaming - how to tell if files are "structured" for streaming?

Hi all,

I have used dPoweramp since early Windows days and am now on Mac and version 16.2.

I stream my music to a network player hooked up to my stereo. I know that dbpoweramp puts some "tags" (for lack of a better word) at the front of the .m4a to make it suitable to streaming.

Is there a way to check that the meta tags are put where they're supposed to be after having ripped files. So, for instance I can open up a file a ripped a few years back (say Windows version 15.1 or dBpoweramp Mac version 1.0) and see if that is the case?

Many thanks!

Regards
    Nubben

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Apple lossless for streaming - how to tell if files are "structured" for streamin

What issue are you having?

Re: Apple lossless for streaming - how to tell if files are "structured" for streamin

Hello and thanks for replying.

no issues, just wanted to know if files are optimal for streaming that's all. Cannot tell really if some files are slower loading nor not but that can be due to several factors such as size of file right?

Many thanks!

Nubben

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nubben View Post
    no issues, just wanted to know if files are optimal for streaming that's all. Cannot tell really if some files are slower loading nor not but that can be due to several factors such as size of file right?
    Files will conform to a file format, which is predefined. There is no special case file format for files that you stream. The server will read a file format from storage and stream it.

Why would users need to be concerned about the speed server software reads files from storage i.e. where you say some files are slower loading? It should be of no consequence, if as you say you have no issues. There are many factors which affect the speed a file is read into memory, not just filesize.