title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ripper no longer getting metadata for CDs

ripper no longer getting metadata for CDs

Hello.
    I have used this software (v6) for the last year - ripping some thousand CDS.
    I havent used it in about 3 months, and I just tried to rip 3 different CDs, all store bought manufactured CDS.
    But no metadata comes up when I put the CD in. I can see its "checking" - but no data comes up.
    I am online, I have checked settings (never changed any), and I have even upgraded
    to 16.3 hoping it was some glitch - but still have the same issue.
    Not sure what is going wrong.

Re: ripper no longer getting metadata for CDs

I have the same problem. After successfully using dbpoweramp for 3.5 years, it suddenly has stopped providing metadata.

dBpoweramp Guru

This problem is usually caused by something changing with the Anti-Virus program or firewall program the computer is running. It may be stopping dbpa access.
    Last edited by garym; 06-07-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    This problem is usually caused by something changing with the Anti-Virus program or firewall program the computer is running. It may be stopping dbpa access.
    BINGO.
    I had installed some software onto this mac in the last few months - I THOUGHT it was telling me most of what it was halting. sigh.
    I turned it all off and this suddenly worked again.

Thank you so much for this solution!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsicle View Post
    BINGO.
    I had installed some software onto this mac in the last few months - I THOUGHT it was telling me most of what it was halting. sigh.
    I turned it all off and this suddenly worked again.

Thank you so much for this solution!
    probably a way of allowing dbpa programs and leaving the AV program on, but I'm not sure exactly what programs to allow (or how to do this in most AV programs). But glad to see you figured out the problem. I suppose you can even turn off when ripping then turn back on when done.