title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp will not configure

dBpoweramp will not configure

Hi there. I just purchased dBpower amp and it won't configure. I have tried 5 separate disks, both ripped and manufactured. Does anyone know what I can do? thanks,

Jodi

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp will not configure

Quote Originally Posted by Joru72 View Post
    Hi there. I just purchased dBpower amp and it won't configure. I have tried 5 separate disks, both ripped and manufactured. Does anyone know what I can do? thanks,

Jodi
    do you mean the AccurateRip feature won't configure? What OS is your dbpa (windows or apple)? Sometimes one has to feed 10 or more CDs before it configures accuraterip. Try purchased, popular CDs if you can (rather than copies or obscure CDs).

Since I posted this I have continued trying CDs. Most of them gave this message " This key disk cannot be used for offset detection. It does not match the AccurateRip stored disk or your drive does not exist in Accurate Rip and this disk has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different key disk." I have now tried about 30 disks and only 2 of them didn't give this message. I am only using purchased disks but probably not popular ones cause I don't have that kind of music. In fact most of it has been ripped from original disks that I don't own. I have Windows 10. I can keep trying but eventually I'll run out of purchased CDs. Any other advice? Here is another message I'm getting:

"Accurate Rip will not key to this offset as it mismatches the drive database offset (calculated offset value: +6 samples, +24 bytes)
    Last edited by Joru72; 06-05-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: more info

Administrator

What is the exact name of your drive as it appears in cd ripper?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is the exact name of your drive as it appears in cd ripper?
    It is Hl-DT-ST DVD + /rw /gY90N.

I found an old post where someone was having the same problem and he had the same computer (Dell Inspiron 5675)and drive as me. He got a new drive from Dell and it worked. My computer is not new as his was and I now live in Costa Rica so that would be difficult. I'm thinking of buying a portable drive to hook up to my computer. Do you have any suggestions on either how to make this work on what external drive would be good? Thanks.

Administrator

The next update of accuraterip will purge this drive so it can be configured by you. It seems this drive is really 2 separate drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The next update of accuraterip will purge this drive so it can be configured by you. It seems this drive is really 2 separate drives.
    Do you know when the next update will be? I'm not sure what you mean by 2 separate drives. Can you explain? This is the drive I'm thinking of buying: Boslisa external CD/DVD (Model: SY-IDD021), usb 3.0. Do you know if it's in the AccurateRip database? Will it work? Thanks.

Administrator

All drives are listed here:

http://accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm

CD drives are supposed to have a constant offset, and for the most part they do, however occasionally a drive comes along which has 2 offsets, this could be because the hardware is different.