title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Any Known conflicts with CD ripper - Win10 - mediamonkey player

Any Known conflicts with CD ripper - Win10 - mediamonkey player

are there any known conflicts using CD ripper while mediamonkey is open, playing on Win10 machine?

...entering next phase of conversion to FLAC and I have encountered a troubling crucial conflict
    How can I best alleviate this problem? (I have no clue what is causing it) ... anybody else have this problem maybe suggest how to overcome it?

thanks

Administrator

Re: Any Known conflicts with CD ripper - Win10 - mediamonkey player

There are no known conflicts, as long as Media Monkey is not ripping whilst you are Ripping in CD Ripper.

What errors are shown?

Spoon, the issue I am encountering on multiple attempted rips is that my optical drive drastically changes speed from the max down to 5x then back to max several times during the rip process (seems like every other track!) I am pretty sure that MM is not trying to rip although it is trying to gather the metadata from (freedb i think) I am trying to figure out how to turn that off in MM (any clues how to? ... i am not too comfortable navigating the help menu there)

on a side note a couple days ago the CD ripper STOPPED showing album art on the created folders and files within, not sure if I had changed a setting somewhere to turn that off or not. Is there a current forum topic thread for this issue that I can investigate?

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

I suspect something else trying to access the cd while ripping is causing your issue. Cantyou simply not have the media monkey program running while ripping. Also make sure you have disabled windows media player or whatever it is called in win10. And Itunes, etc. You dont want these type programs running while ripping. And some of these have Rip upon cd insertion set as a default option.

thanks, the WMP was not open running during this trial. I looked around the tools-options menu on MM and found the check box for 'Query Freedb automatically when connected' under the Network proxy freedb section. I uncheck this box and will see if this solves the issue of non-smooth drive speeds. I could have the MM program not running while ripping BUT I have much to rip (restoring overhauling 700+ Gb of MP3 to FLAC so I will be at this for quite some time!) and I do like to listen to my library in random mode while researching and creating new audio files.

Again this morning I am doing some trial ripping and NO Album Art shows up?!? ... trying a new Cage the Elephant disc so the art should be in database?
    I have searched the forums and cannot find any useful suggestions
    I inspected the dBpoweramp CD Ripper Meta Data & ID Tag Options and see that the Album Art box IS checked so I am unsure what happened that no album art in the folders or embedded files shows up for days now

dBpoweramp Guru

Not sure why you are having the no artwork issue. I suspect it is an antivirus program or firewall setting blocking the artwork. What happens if you click on settings on the blank artwork area on lower right of ripper screen and choose select from the internet. Does it show you any options?

I tried that and the pop-up message says 'Choosing Album Art from the internet requires either dBpoweramp Reference' .. I wonder if the Reference trial period abruptly ended for some reason? I first encountered this No Art issue 0n 14.June (5 days ago) .. I had downloaded and installed the 21-day-trial on 3.June so I could see how it works and performs before purchase and figure out the nuts and bolts of it all and any potential conflicts. It would seem to have loss full functionality after just 11 days of trial? I can still rip CDs and it displays all the vital metadata (album,artist,year,title,etc.) plus the AccurateRip works, just No album art shows up in on the ripper screen lower corner nor the newly created folder icons,embedded files
    Do I perhaps need to uninstall the trial off my PC, download it again and start over fresh?
    Last edited by GQ72; 06-19-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo

dBpoweramp Guru

Not sure. 21 day trial should last 21 days. I am out of ideas. I can only report that I have ripped thousands of CDs and have not encountered any art problems. Hopefully spoon can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Not sure. 21 day trial should last 21 days. I am out of ideas. I can only report that I have ripped thousands of CDs and have not encountered any art problems. Hopefully spoon can chime in.
    thanks, garym

Administrator

I am not sure why, but the trial has timed out, however we have no mechanism to re-activate it.