title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track * ordering: 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, ...

Track * ordering: 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, ...

Greetings all!

Just starting out with Asset - it looks great, very adaptable.

However (and this is probably my dumb...) Using NAIM app, album tracks list as:
    3. and so on

How do I get tracks to play in correct order? This seems so fundamental I'm sure I've missed something! Is there a configuration setting? Tried a few things to no avail. (I've used other UPnP programs with the NAIM app, and this doesn't happen.)

Thanks

Re: Track * ordering: 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, ...

Ahh... maybe it'll sort with a rescan. I'll try playing around with it some more...

dBpoweramp Guru

Which platform/version of Asset UPnP, have you installed?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Which platform/version of Asset UPnP, have you installed?
    Mac OS 10.11.6, Asset R6.1, NAIM app

This behaviour seems eratic, sometimes ordering correctly beyond 9 tracks, sometimes not. And examining the filenames and tags, I can't pick anything that would lead to this.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ListeningEarth View Post
    Mac OS 10.11.6, Asset R6.1, NAIM app

This behaviour seems eratic, sometimes ordering correctly beyond 9 tracks, sometimes not. And examining the filenames and tags, I can't pick anything that would lead to this.
    1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3 and so on is listing alphabetically. Padding the track number with a leading zero, may resolve this.

Also, check for a possible configuration sorting option in Asset and/or the NAIM app?

FYI, I am using Asset UPnP R6.1 for windows, I have padded track numbers and I don't have this issue.

Thanks mville

You're right - alphabetical. I realise I'm viewing using folders/filename browsing, although I still don't understand why some albums sort OK and others not when their filenames and tags seem numbered identically.

I'll try some more config options in Asset. There are no relevant options in the NAIM app.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ListeningEarth View Post
    TI realise I'm viewing using folders/filename browsing, although I still don't understand why some albums sort OK and others not when their filenames and tags seem numbered identically.
    Aaah. I don't know what determines the listing sort order, when using folders/filename browsing.

It might even be that using folders/filename browsing, files are returned by file creation date, hence the random nature of this issue, I just don't know. Spoon would have a better idea on what is going on here.

I would still look at padding the track number.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I always pad with a leading zero, mainly because in my early days of streaming a fair few years ago, Twonky (I think) used to get the track numbering wrong as in the first post in this thread.

Mick