title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tags not working after FLAC>OGG

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Tags not working after FLAC>OGG

I converted my library to Ogg from FLAC uncompressed with batch ripper. CDs were originally ripped with dBpa to WAV and FLAC using multiencoder.

I use jriver as my PC player, the tags of Ogg files look ok in jriver. I copied the Ogg files to my phone. And when I updated my Neutron player's library it seems that some strangwneas is happenibg with classical albums involvibg the [Composer] field whwreby when grouping by [Album Artist]

M4A files were fine. Neutron is set to group by album artist.

Interesting, I noticed that the [Album Artist] field is recorded as "Various Artists; Various Artists". Not sure why it's named twice.

Are there known issues with Ogg tagging and applications accessing the [Album Artist] tags?

Thanks
    Z

Administrator

Re: Tags not working after FLAC>OGG

Ensure you have the latest version of dBpoweramp and Ogg. (with regards to Various Artists; Various Artists).

If the tags are ok in another program then it is the 3rd program which is having issues.

Speaking of tags i notice when enable pop-up information tips is checked there is a slight change in the audio quality but when it is not checked the quality remain the same i don't know why that is perhaps a bug?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Highjesus View Post
    Speaking of tags i notice when enable pop-up information tips is checked there is a slight change in the audio quality but when it is not checked the quality remain the same i don't know why that is perhaps a bug?
    In which software are you seeing/hearing this change in the audio quality?

Version 16.3 windows i am hearing a change in the audio quality when i edited the id tag when enable pop-up information tips is checked
    but when i uncheck it and then edit the tag the quality is the same as the original file so i don't know if enable pop up information tips is interfering with something when it is checked or what

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Highjesus View Post
    Version 16.3 windows i am hearing a change in the audio quality when i edited the id tag when enable pop-up information tips is checked
    but when i uncheck it and then edit the tag the quality is the same as the original file so i don't know if enable pop up information tips is interfering with something when it is checked or what
    Editing tags does not alter the digital audio.

In which software are you playing the audio, when you hear the change in the audio quality?

What file format are your files that you are editing?