title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: OS X - Multivalue tags not written if entered in CD Ripper Meta tab window

OS X - Multivalue tags not written if entered in CD Ripper Meta tab window

Description:

When I access the tag editor via the Meta tab (bottom middle frame of CD Ripper window in OS X) and if I enter multiple values separated by ‘; ‘ then CD Ripper writes only one value to a single field, which then simply consists of the whole string I had entered, including the semicolon(s). Seems it does not detect the semicolon as a multivalue delimiter character when parsing but simply writes the whole string.

Example:

Typing ‘Name1; Name2’ into the ARTIST field
    is written after ripping as ARTIST=Name1; Name2
    but should be 2 separate fields with one value each, like ARTIST=Name1 and ARTIST=Name2

This happens to pre-defined fields and to fields I added myself. I checked it on the following ones:
    Album Artist, Artist, Composer, Genre and also Writer, Lyricist, Performer, Mood, Grouping, Language, Location

Interestingly I found that the above described problem does not occur:

1. If I enter multiple values in the Perfect Meta review window (in Perfect Meta window the tag fields Album Artist, Artist, Composer, Genre are editable), nor
    2. If I enter multiple values after starting the tag editor from the OSX finder (all tag fields editable)

Instead the multiple values are written to separate fields with one value each, which was the expectation. Verified the tag fields listed above.

Hmm .. seems that functions for parsing and/or writing are not working consistently in CD Ripper OS X version but depend on where the editing is done. This current Meta tab editor behaviour means an additional step must be introduced to post-process tags in a tag editor program after CD was ripped which is unnecessary because it could be done at initial CD ripping.

How can it be fixed?

Many thanks

I am using dBPoweramp 16.2 Reference Mac OS X, and for tag checking I use mp3tag (Wine wrapped) program or Metadatics program.

Administrator

Re: OS X - Multivalue tags not written if entered in CD Ripper Meta tab window

Which audio format do you write to?

Flac

Super Moderator

Bug confirmed, thanks for reporting, it will be fixed for the next update.

Thank you for your confirmation, PeterP.

Once fix is available can I then just update then with my current license? Purchased Ref 16.2 in March.

Forgot to mention that the same problem was also observed for ALBUM ARTIST SORT, ARTIST SORT and COMPOSER SORT – done herewith.

Super Moderator

Fixed in R16.4 beta 3-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ion-R16-4-beta
    The beta version will act as registered for a few months. Before it expires, a new registered version will be made available to all registered users.

Many thanks for providing a fix so quickly!

Seen this while traveling. Will start using the new Beta right when back.