title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Ripper can't access metadata providers

CD Ripper can't access metadata providers

All of the metadata sources are grayed out for me in CD Ripper (v 16.4), which I just installed on my new PC. I gather from what I’ve read elsewhere that the likely reason is my security software (Windows Defender Firewall) is blocking program access to the web. I created new inbound & outbound firewall rules to allow CDGrab.exe access, but it was no help. Are there additional .exe files I need to whitelist to be able to get metadata?

Oddly, the ripper was able to identify the CD I used to calibrate AccurateRip, and its Freedb entries were displayed then, but I’m unable to manually get metadata from any source.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper can't access metadata providers

You must not have the registered version installed, you need Reference installed to access all the providers, the free version of dBpoweramp, or the Power Pack version will just allow access to Freedb.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You must not have the registered version installed, you need Reference installed to access all the providers, the free version of dBpoweramp, or the Power Pack version will just allow access to Freedb.
    Hi

I'm having the same issue myself on 21st June 2021.

I have the registered version installed (Order Number <edit>), and I experienced the issue both before and after upgrading from V17.2 to V17.3 today.

This means that I have just had to edit all of the metadata for "The Best Of Neil Sedaka" prior to ripping because both DBPoweramp and my Bluesound Vault 2 resolved it as "Great Big Fun" by Tom Chapin.

It's now ripped with the correct artist and track titles as a result of my work, but the album cover remains incorrect.

How can I explicitly activate the review of metadata from individual providers?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Spoon; 06-21-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Administrator

Click the red label looking icon on the toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
    Hi

I'm having the same issue myself on 21st June 2021.

I have the registered version installed (Order Number <edit>), and I experienced the issue both before and after upgrading from V17.2 to V17.3 today.

This means that I have just had to edit all of the metadata for "The Best Of Neil Sedaka" prior to ripping because both DBPoweramp and my Bluesound Vault 2 resolved it as "Great Big Fun" by Tom Chapin.

It's now ripped with the correct artist and track titles as a result of my work, but the album cover remains incorrect.

How can I explicitly activate the review of metadata from individual providers?

Many thanks.
    PS I can access the providers individually using "Retrieve Metadata From", but the "Review PerfectMeta Matches" screen has Discogs, GD3, Music Brainz, and freedb greyed out.

Many thanks, Spoon. Missed your reply, but as per above, the providers are all greyed out.

Administrator

Under the green options button >> active providers >>

ensure the top 5 are selected. Then press the blue refresh button

Under the green options button >> active providers >>

ensure the top 5 are selected. Then press the blue refresh button
    I'll try that.

Many thanks.

How do I know if my version is "registered"? I paid for the thing so I assume it's registered, but can't find a way to confirm this.
    Is there a way?

dBpoweramp Guru

Start dBpoweramp Control Center ("Configure dBpoweramp"). In the upper left corner is the hint.

Dat Ei

I don't know if I am having the same problem, or a different problem but...

I can access the metadata providers it just take a very long time... up to a half hour to finish retrieving the metadata.

Administrator

I can't reply there so I will do it here. I am using 17.4

Administrator

Check the date and time on the computer is accurate. If still no go, try to restart the computer in safemode with networking and see if metadata comes in quickly:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-b3e5e56fe234

Check the date and time on the computer is accurate. If still no go, try to restart the computer in safemode with networking and see if metadata comes in quickly:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-b3e5e56fe234

I am on a Mac... I have restarted the computer.