title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sorting and searching box sets

Sorting and searching box sets

I have a wonderful box set of 7 CDs from Topic Records - Three Score and Ten: A Voice to the People. The ID tags seem to be in good shape and the CDs are numbered accordingly eg 1/7, 3/7 etc. in both CD Ripper and then in my QNAP.

When I search in Asset I receive all 143 tracks without any capacity to find eg Disc Three.

Any advice on this matter very welcome.

Thank you

John

Administrator

Re: Sorting and searching box sets

Check the album artist is the same

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Check the album artist is the same
    Thank you.

This section is blank for all tracks. How do I now populate this section, assuming the Artist should be the same as Album Artist?

John

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey John,

if there are no album artists (tracks have no common artists) you don't need the tag album artist or keep it empty or fill it with something generic like "Various artists". But you should set the compilation flags for those albums.

Dat Ei

Thank you for taking time to reply, Dat Ei

The compilation flag is consistently set to Yes when I review the Edit ID-tag and still there is no separation of the 7 CDs.

Any other ideas?

John

dBpoweramp Guru

Ok, now I see the point. You want to have a separated view on those 7 CDs of this album. I understood the problem the other way round, that you see a separated view and want to have a joined one. I my opinion it works like it should (album orientated, not disc orientated). You could include the disc number in the filename, to identify the tracks and their discs if you use a file explorer to navigate through your folders. Or you separate your discs by including the disc number in the album name, but I do not recommend this.

Dat Ei

Many thanks, Dat Ei

Apologies for lack of clarity at my end. I will explore your recommendation some more and see what happens. Most grateful to you.

Best

John

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jscottatc View Post
    When I search in Asset I receive all 143 tracks without any capacity to find eg Disc Three.
    The player search facility would need to allow you to search on the Disc tag which is unlikely, unless you use something like foobar2000.