title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sorting and searching box sets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jscottatc
    • Jan 2018

Sorting and searching box sets

I have a wonderful box set of 7 CDs from Topic Records - Three Score and Ten: A Voice to the People. The ID tags seem to be in good shape and the CDs are numbered accordingly eg 1/7, 3/7 etc. in both CD Ripper and then in my QNAP.

When I search in Asset I receive all 143 tracks without any capacity to find eg Disc Three.

Any advice on this matter very welcome.

Thank you

John
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Sorting and searching box sets

Check the album artist is the same
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jscottatc
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
      Check the album artist is the same
      Thank you.

This section is blank for all tracks. How do I now populate this section, assuming the Artist should be the same as Album Artist?

John

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey John,

if there are no album artists (tracks have no common artists) you don't need the tag album artist or keep it empty or fill it with something generic like "Various artists". But you should set the compilation flags for those albums.

Dat Ei

Comment

• jscottatc
          • Jan 2018

Thank you for taking time to reply, Dat Ei

The compilation flag is consistently set to Yes when I review the Edit ID-tag and still there is no separation of the 7 CDs.

Any other ideas?

John

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Ok, now I see the point. You want to have a separated view on those 7 CDs of this album. I understood the problem the other way round, that you see a separated view and want to have a joined one. I my opinion it works like it should (album orientated, not disc orientated). You could include the disc number in the filename, to identify the tracks and their discs if you use a file explorer to navigate through your folders. Or you separate your discs by including the disc number in the album name, but I do not recommend this.

Dat Ei

Comment

• jscottatc
              • Jan 2018

Many thanks, Dat Ei

Apologies for lack of clarity at my end. I will explore your recommendation some more and see what happens. Most grateful to you.

Best

John

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jscottatc
                When I search in Asset I receive all 143 tracks without any capacity to find eg Disc Three.
                The player search facility would need to allow you to search on the Disc tag which is unlikely, unless you use something like foobar2000.

Comment

Working...

]]>