title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Shorten (shn) x64 supoort

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olavs73
    • Mar 2014

Shorten (shn) x64 supoort

Hi. I would love a 64 bit support of the shn codec.
    Any plans for it? Or is it any major issues preventing it?
    Thanks. Keep up the great work!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Shorten (shn) x64 supoort

I did not think there were 64 bit libraries for it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• krash
      • Dec 2018

New member, had old version R14.x long ago used to tag, convert my music from various sources. Today new PC with Win10 and rebuilding the music library restored some old archived files that are in shorten .shn format.

Just downloaded R16.x (current) version thinking of upgrading but it appears there is no ".shn" decode codec for this version, dBpoweramp does not even recognize the files for selection.

Is this a correct assumption, and/or is there a work around to convert .shn files to .flac ?

Any suggestions ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can uninstall the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp then force the 32 bit version to install:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.

Then install the shorten codec from codec central.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

another option is to use foobar2000 to convert the shorten files to FLAC.

Comment

Working...

]]>