title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error creating file - unable to write ID tags/ unable to create file (Mac)

Error creating file - unable to write ID tags/ unable to create file (Mac)

Hello,

I have been trying the free trial (MAC and OSX Sierra) and whilst I have been very happy with the features/capabilities of the app (and was intending on purchasing) I have as of yet not been able to successfully encode my audio files at all.

I have a collection of FLAC files, some purchased some ripped from my own CDs (so from different sources) and have so far been attempting to encode them to both ALAC and also AAC without success. The encoding progress runs (which takes a long time as expected) but upon completion I am presented with a list of error messages and no files are created. The error message is ‘error converting file’ and ‘unable to write ID tags’ I have tried ALAC and AAC with AAC tried at bitrates from 400 kbps up to 512 kbps (CBR) I have also tried the beta version that I found in a forum post, the beta version also does not work although it is slightly different in that it states ‘unable to create file’ rather than ‘unable write tags’

I really want to purchase the app as the features are exactly what I want however obviously I need it to work first! Anybody able to help?

Many thanks

Administrator

Re: Error creating file - unable to write ID tags/ unable to create file (Mac)

Which output to location is set in the naming page?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which output to location is set in the naming page?

Hi thanks for the quick reply, I did not change many options from the default, after several fails the only setting I tried to change was under ‘configure’ where I changed the option ignore errors and continue processing

The only other option I changed was the ‘output to’ which I set as Preserve Source Path as I wanted to preserve the folder structure. Is that the option you are referring to?

Thanks again

dBpoweramp Guru

Also, please can you post a screenshot of the full error?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Also, please can you post a screenshot of the full error?

At work right now but will do so later. It is just the standard error log displayed once the encoding has completed from memory the full content is ‘error converting file followed by the file name and path I think and then the second error ‘unable to write ID tags’ or ‘unable to create file’ depending on whether I use the trial version or the beta. Plus of course no files are created in the output directory.

I’ll post an actual screenshot this evening……

Quote Originally Posted by neil74 View Post
    At work right now but will do so later. It is just the standard error log displayed once the encoding has completed from memory the full content is ‘error converting file followed by the file name and path I think and then the second error ‘unable to write ID tags’ or ‘unable to create file’ depending on whether I use the trial version or the beta. Plus of course no files are created in the output directory.

I’ll post an actual screenshot this evening……
    Screenshot showing error....

Screenshot 2018-05-21 19.41.08.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Screenshot showing error....

Screenshot 2018-05-21 19.41.08.jpg
    Does Batch Converter run successfully on local files, i.e. not files on your network location?

Does Batch Converter run successfully on local files, i.e. not files on your network location?
    It is an external usb 3 HDD but yes I did try doing it all internally to rule that out.

dBpoweramp Guru

It is an external usb 3 HDD but yes I did try doing it all internally to rule that out.
    I would assume you had a permission/credentials issue with your network location, but now I am not sure.

What error do you get running Batch Converter on your local files?

I would assume you had a permission/credentials issue with your network location, but now I am not sure.

What error do you get running Batch Converter on your local files?
    Same error just with a different file path.

dBpoweramp Guru

Same error just with a different file path.
    ... and both the source and destination paths are definitely local paths?

... and both the source and destination paths are definitely local paths?
    The error for the screenshot is from an external 2tb usb 3 drive. Just tried it again on the internal drive to be sure and the samr error.

dBpoweramp Guru

The error for the screenshot is from an external 2tb usb 3 drive. Just tried it again on the internal drive to be sure and the samr error.
    Are you running any DSPs, when converting?

Are you running any DSPs, when converting?
    No I’m not

dBpoweramp Guru

OK, I am unsure what the issue is here. Assuming your flac files are not corrupt, I do not know why you can't convert a local flac file to alac.

Also, I am not familiar with the paths you are seeing, perhaps because I am a windows user. I think Spoon or another mac user will have to help you with this one, sorry.