title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Opera Box Sets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sleepingbee
    • May 2015

Opera Box Sets

Hi, I have a lot of box sets, not just pop but classical and opera. When ripping, is there something to do in the app to make the CDs play contiguously? Obviously, a CD you would have to change, but why shouldn't ripped CDs play through, one to the next?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Opera Box Sets

Originally posted by Sleepingbee
    Hi, I have a lot of box sets, not just pop but classical and opera. When ripping, is there something to do in the app to make the CDs play contiguously? Obviously, a CD you would have to change, but why shouldn't ripped CDs play through, one to the next?
    What player app are you referring to, that does not play your ripped box set CDs contiguously?

... and what is your CD Ripper Naming string?
    Last edited by mville; 05-20-2018, 07:54 PM. Reason: added extra question

Comment

• Sleepingbee
      • May 2015

Hi mville, I'm using Minimserver on the NAIM app to pick up files on a QNAP NAS drive. I don't know what you mean by a CD Ripper Naming String.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

I'm using Minimserver on the NAIM app to pick up files on a QNAP NAS drive.
        Regarding the issue of playback, make the CDs play contiguously, isn't this an issue with the NAIM app?

I don't know what you mean by a CD Ripper Naming String.
        Can you post what you have here:

and also, can you post what you have in Path (above Naming). What platform are you running CD Ripper on?

Comment

• Sleepingbee
          • May 2015

Hi again. I'm running Mac OX Yosemite 10.10.5. The naming path is:
          [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]
          Attached Files

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Path and Naming look ok to me.

I assume also, that the album tag is populated consistently, for all discs in the box set. If so, then I suspect the issue is with Minimserver and/or the Naim app.

Comment

Working...

]]>