title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Opera Box Sets

Opera Box Sets

Hi, I have a lot of box sets, not just pop but classical and opera. When ripping, is there something to do in the app to make the CDs play contiguously? Obviously, a CD you would have to change, but why shouldn't ripped CDs play through, one to the next?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Opera Box Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingbee View Post
    Hi, I have a lot of box sets, not just pop but classical and opera. When ripping, is there something to do in the app to make the CDs play contiguously? Obviously, a CD you would have to change, but why shouldn't ripped CDs play through, one to the next?
    What player app are you referring to, that does not play your ripped box set CDs contiguously?

... and what is your CD Ripper Naming string?
    Last edited by mville; 05-20-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: added extra question

Hi mville, I'm using Minimserver on the NAIM app to pick up files on a QNAP NAS drive. I don't know what you mean by a CD Ripper Naming String.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm using Minimserver on the NAIM app to pick up files on a QNAP NAS drive.
    Regarding the issue of playback, make the CDs play contiguously, isn't this an issue with the NAIM app?

I don't know what you mean by a CD Ripper Naming String.
    Can you post what you have here:

and also, can you post what you have in Path (above Naming). What platform are you running CD Ripper on?

Hi again. I'm running Mac OX Yosemite 10.10.5. The naming path is:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]
    Attached Images Attached Images

dBpoweramp Guru

Path and Naming look ok to me.

I assume also, that the album tag is populated consistently, for all discs in the box set. If so, then I suspect the issue is with Minimserver and/or the Naim app.