title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple releases

Question Multiple releases

Dear Forum Members and Support,

I'm sorry in case this question has already been posted before. It's a stupid question but I'm hoping to find a solution. My version of dBpoweramp is configured to give the following output within the artist folder : Year - Album Name. By default this works out fine. However from some albums I have several release which are or have been released the same year. Up till now I manually type the Label and Catalogue Number between brackets after the Year and Album Title. Is there perhaps a way to automatically include the Label and Catalogue Number during the ripping operation?

All tips and help are more than welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Administrator

Re: Multiple releases

Add:

[tag]label[]

to your naming string

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm sorry but I'm not that familiar with dBpoweramp nor with its configuration. This is my present naming : [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[year] – [album]\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [artist] – [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] – [album]\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [title][]. My dBpoweramp config and naming came from a website I found via Google. Can you please help me where I should put the extra tags for Label and Cat*?

A big thanks in advance.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lancia200 View Post
    This is my present naming : [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[year] – [album]\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [artist] – [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] – [album]\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [title][]. My dBpoweramp config and naming came from a website I found via Google. Can you please help me where I should put the extra tags for Label and Cat*?
    Try this:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[year] – [album] ([label] [tag]cat*[])\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [artist] – [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] – [album] ([label] [tag]cat*[])\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [title][]

(replace the asterisk characters after each [tag]cat with the hash character)
    Last edited by mville; 05-20-2018 at 03:48 PM. Reason: forum not handling hash character and OP's dash character