title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A few questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter Lanky
    • Sep 2016

A few questions

I am using dBpoweramp Reference R14.4

Does the codec for Lame (mp3) update automatically to the latest version, is there a manual method of updating, or is the version that was in the pack when purchased neither updated nor updatable?

Are there any realistic benefits in trying to update anyway to the latest version which as far as I know is 3.100? For example smaller files with the same bitrate (I use VBR on highest setting.)

I tried to experiment by replacing mp3.exe and mp3.dll within dBpoweramp (saving the original files of course), which gave me a marginally smaller file but with no ID tags, so doing this is clearly not as simply as I hoped.

Mp3 is the only format that works properly in my car, dspite being a premium model, so I don't have the option of using aac.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: A few questions

It is not ordinarily updated unless you update to the latest R16 release. However you can replace Lame.exe as found in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Peter Lanky
      • Sep 2016

Re: A few questions

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is not ordinarily updated unless you update to the latest R16 release. However you can replace Lame.exe as found in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame)
      That's what I did, which did work, but with no tags.

Comment

Working...

]]>