title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Searching Asset DLNA music library using Musiccast controllers

Searching Asset DLNA music library using Musiccast controllers

Hello, I'm not able to find this information anywhere and am not completely understanding all of Assets features.

Does running Asset on a Mac make it possible to search my music library through MusicCast controllers (iOS/Android)?

Thanks for your help.

Administrator

Re: Searching Asset DLNA music library using Musiccast controllers

Only if your Multicast device is also compatible with UPnP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Only if your Multicast device is also compatible with UPnP.
    It works awesome with Yamaha MusicCast!

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryAsset View Post
    It works awesome with Yamaha MusicCast!
    Thanks. I'm considering the MCR-N470 or 570 or 670 with some WX-010 speakers for other rooms vs Sonos. Can you say a bit more how it works. I'd be running Asset on a Mac mini.

Do you get Sonos functionality like being able to search through Artist, Album, or Song names in your library? Does it show iTunes playlists? A screenshot would be great.

I tried Musiccast at the store from a Serviio server and it was painful, no search, crash-prone iOS app.

I have a large music library on a linux server and it is killer fast with Yamaha MusicCast and Asset. Album, New Album, Artist ... everything is searchable and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryAsset View Post
    I have a large music library on a linux server and it is killer fast with Yamaha MusicCast and Asset. Album, New Album, Artist ... everything is searchable and fast.
    What are you using to search it?

I play it directly from the Musiccast App or the Yamaha AV controller app. Works great and is quick for browsing tunes before playing them.

The Musiccast App is generally good but the lack of a search function is a serious deficiency with a large library. Sometimes I do not want to scroll through long lists looking for an artist or an album which I might vaguely recall.

What I use is the Bubble UPnP Control Point on my Android Phone. It uniquely allows one to select different UPnP renderers (i.e. the device playing the music) as well as UPnP servers (i.e. the device serving the music) AND it has a very fast textual search function.

So when I just want to listen to music on a single Yamaha Musiccast device (i.e. renderer) I always use the Bubble app now; it is just easier and gives me virtually all the single node Musiccast functionality including power on and sleep timer. I only use the Musiccast app when playing multi-room audio which Bubble does not support as it is proprietary.