title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset 6.1 - throttling Asset due to LG 'Smart' TVs

Asset 6.1 - throttling Asset due to LG 'Smart' TVs

Hi Spoon. Some feedback on the LG Smart TV issue that causes Asset to consume all available memory.
    This refers to original post: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ferrerid=34241
    I updated to Asset 6.1, and I see your Release Notes list this item: "Internal throttler for faulty Control Points which try to index the entire asset tree (LG tvs take note!)"

I can report that the Working Set under v6.1 never gets beyond 250 MB. The Peak Working Set is just over 1 GB. The issue reported above appears to be resolved in 6.1.

When I run Asset v6.1 without the LG TV on my network, Asset is always between 12-25 MB Working Set. With the LG TV, the Working Set is now 10x (250 MB) the previous memory value, but never gets out of control like a memory leak.

Question: Is the throttling parameterized in any way that I can adjust it even lower (i.e. a setting in a .cfg file)?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Asset 6.1 - throttling Asset due to LG 'Smart' TVs

If we went lower, then you potentially could not use the LG tv to playback.