title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD ripper very slow to find data

CD ripper very slow to find data

I hadn't used CD ripper in about 2 weeks and I used it today in my laptop and my desktop. In both cases, it is extremely slow to find metadata. It can take as much as 5 minutes or more to find anything but track numbers and durations, which it finds very quickly. My network speed is over 100 Mbps and the desktop is Ethernet connected. If I try to manually enter the data, after several keystrokes, what I have typed disappears and starting to type again has no better result. I turned off my anti-virus, but that didn't help. What should I check? What should I do?

Administrator

Re: CD ripper very slow to find data

Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?
    15.2.0.3 I'm sure there's a newer version by now. What is the current number? How do I update?

I have been seeing this too. I am running dbpoweramp reference release 14.4 on Win 10 latest update.

It generally takes 3-5 minutes to receive the metadata. I'm using the default metadata sources. I'm not using a connection through proxy server.

Is it waiting to check one of the metadata sources and that's causing the problem?

The sources on my version is: AllMediaGuide,freedb, GD3, musicbrainz,tracktype.

(Like, if I disable one of the sources, will that solve the problem?)

Other than that, dbpoweramp works beautifully, and this issue only arose about 3 weeks ago. As it happens, I had to reinstall Windows 10. After I did that and did the latest update, the problem continued.

dBpoweramp Guru

All Media Guide was recently discontinued. Uncheck it from the metadata list.

Info from this thread: AMG Metadata discontinued

Wow, that solved the problem immediately!

It retrieves the data in a split second now. Thanks!

Thanks, this solved my problem with very slow metadata retrieval, too. Glad it was such an easy fix.