title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD ripper very slow to find data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuneup
    • Feb 2015

CD ripper very slow to find data

I hadn't used CD ripper in about 2 weeks and I used it today in my laptop and my desktop. In both cases, it is extremely slow to find metadata. It can take as much as 5 minutes or more to find anything but track numbers and durations, which it finds very quickly. My network speed is over 100 Mbps and the desktop is Ethernet connected. If I try to manually enter the data, after several keystrokes, what I have typed disappears and starting to type again has no better result. I turned off my anti-virus, but that didn't help. What should I check? What should I do?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD ripper very slow to find data

Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tuneup
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?
      15.2.0.3 I'm sure there's a newer version by now. What is the current number? How do I update?

Comment

• idiotprogrammer
        • Nov 2012

I have been seeing this too. I am running dbpoweramp reference release 14.4 on Win 10 latest update.

It generally takes 3-5 minutes to receive the metadata. I'm using the default metadata sources. I'm not using a connection through proxy server.

Is it waiting to check one of the metadata sources and that's causing the problem?

The sources on my version is: AllMediaGuide,freedb, GD3, musicbrainz,tracktype.

(Like, if I disable one of the sources, will that solve the problem?)

Other than that, dbpoweramp works beautifully, and this issue only arose about 3 weeks ago. As it happens, I had to reinstall Windows 10. After I did that and did the latest update, the problem continued.

Comment

• Jailhouse
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2016

All Media Guide was recently discontinued. Uncheck it from the metadata list.

Info from this thread: AMG Metadata discontinued

Comment

• idiotprogrammer
            • Nov 2012

Wow, that solved the problem immediately!

It retrieves the data in a split second now. Thanks!

Comment

• yogadad
              • May 2018

Thanks, this solved my problem with very slow metadata retrieval, too. Glad it was such an easy fix.

Comment

Working...

]]>