title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searching artist with compilation albums

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Searching artist with compilation albums

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Is this a Linux based OS?

Hmmm, foobar2000 has an excellent search facility, so I find it hard to believe the mobile version has no search facility at all.
    I have mobile foobar2000 and search works very well.

Administrator

Mobile foobar 2000, the search is an extended version of Assets search, there is more you can do when have control of the whole app (such as list top matching artists, albums and titles based on any search).

Thanks. Just to finish up. Thanks for everones time.
    I guess I will just have to get a better NAS that has more options. Guess you get what you pay for although for most things the Seagate is fine so as as price point device it has served me well. Just be nice if it had better server options but it is what it is.
    The dev of the music app got back.
    Summary of his comments just out of interest.
    That makes sense.
    Unfortunately there's no way (that I know of) for the app to tell Twonky to search by Artist rather than AlbumArtist (when getting the list of artists that match the search criteria).
    When you do a search from the app, three (UPnP) search requests are actually sent to the media server. They are:
    1. Return all albums whose name or creator matches the search criteria (it's up to the server to decide what creator means - usually artist).
    2. Return all artists whose name matches the search criteria (it's up to the server to decide if it wants to return Artists or AlbumArtists. The UPnP protocol doesn't make a distinction between the two)
    3. Return all tracks whose title matches the search criteria
    The only solution I can think of is for me to extend the 3rd query to also match on the artist. Presumably when searching individual tracks this would use the artist tag and not album artist. But of course things aren't that simple because this sort of query doesn't work at all with some servers. I'm not sure if it will actually work with Twonky.
    I'll add this to my bug list but to be honest it's probably not something I'll get a chance to look at in the short term.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The OS is called Seagate NAS OS, which is Linux based.

Regarding the Foobar2000 mobile search, I think I see what the OP is seeing, and because I installed the mobile app on my iPhone a few days ago maybe the OP and I need some education on the mobile app.
    When I start the app, I get a screen titled Browse, and there is a spyglass icon which I can use to search the music on my iPhone. At the bottom of the Browse screen there is a Media Servers option. If I tap it, I get a screen showing my NAS, WDMyCloudMirror. If I tap it, I get a screen with options, Music, Photos, Videos. If I tap Music, I get a screen that has options, Album, All Tracks, Artist, Artist Index, and seven more. There is no search option on this screen. If I tap, Album, I get a list of the albums that exist on my WDMyCloudMirror, and there is no search option on this screen. I think the OP was looking for a search option on the Music screen. If there is a search for that screen, how can it be activated? I'm beginning to think search is only available on the Browse screen either by using the spyglass or the Advanced Search option.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG45 View Post

Regarding the Foobar2000 mobile search, I think I see what the OP is seeing, and because I installed the mobile app on my iPhone a few days ago maybe the OP and I need some education on the mobile app.
    When I start the app, I get a screen titled Browse, and there is a spyglass icon which I can use to search the music on my iPhone. At the bottom of the Browse screen there is a Media Servers option. If I tap it, I get a screen showing my NAS, WDMyCloudMirror. If I tap it, I get a screen with options, Music, Photos, Videos. If I tap Music, I get a screen that has options, Album, All Tracks, Artist, Artist Index, and seven more. There is no search option on this screen. If I tap, Album, I get a list of the albums that exist on my WDMyCloudMirror, and there is no search option on this screen. I think the OP was looking for a search option on the Music screen. If there is a search for that screen, how can it be activated? I'm beginning to think search is only available on the Browse screen either by using the spyglass or the Advanced Search option.
    Ok. Sorry, my misunderstanding on search in foobar mobile. I was only referring to search for music on my iPhone (spyglass). I dont use foobar mobile to access server.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG45 View Post
    Does this OS support the Linux version of Asset UPnP?

Don't think that I can install this on a Seagate Personal Cloud. Unless someone knows how? Seems to need a .rbw type file..
    Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Does this OS support the Linux version of Asset UPnP?
    According to this thread, it doesn't.
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...hlight=seagate