title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reset Program

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpprioli
    • Jan 2013

Reset Program

Years ago, spoon was directing users with certain issues to a reset utility called dAPResetAll.exe. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that utility now? I have a small shell issue that I would like to attempt to repair that way instead of manually editing...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Reset Program

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cpprioli
      • Jan 2013

Thank you, Spoon. Just so that I understand... I am NOT removing or re-installing anything. I simply want to repair the dAP context menu entries, specifically the Play and Enqueue commands. In Windows 10, these entries are lost when Windows 10 spontaneously changes file associations for music files to their Groove Music app. I want to get the context menu items back again. Will the linked Reset utility do this for me? It sounds more like it removing all registry entries rather than repairing the dAP entries.

Thank you...

-Chris

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would have to reinstall dAP, running that program would wipe all your settings.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cpprioli
          • Jan 2013

OK -- Thank you. I really don't want to reinstall if I can avoid it, so I think that I will just use File Types Manager and restore the shell commands that way...

Thanks much for your replies, and thank you VERY MUCH for years of problem-free operation of your programs. I have been using your stuff since around 1995 with no troubles that weren't my fault, or the fault of one Windows version or another acting up...

Comment

Working...

]]>