title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: how to specify batch output?

how to specify batch output?

OK, I've ripped about 1000 or so CDs to WAV files on a solid state drive (don't ask why). As it hasn't even used a quarter of a 4TB drive, I want to convert these to FLAC files maintaining the same file structure.

Batch convert offers no options for output. My only selection here is "profile" whatever that is. All I want to accomplish is to convert the WAV files to FLAC on the same drive, essentially putting them all in a folder F:/FLAC/same file and folder as the the others. In essence just putting a FLAC parent in place. I can do this with "music converter" which places a single file in /FLAC/artist-album-song, but how do I do this in batch? I'm not a programmer, OK 40 years ago but that was COBOL, and I traded in my beanie long ago. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: how to specify batch output?

When you click the Convert button in Batch Converter, the dBpoweramp Music Converter window will open. You can then set the output by selecting options from the Output To drop-down box.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    When you click the Convert button in Batch Converter, the dBpoweramp Music Converter window will open. You can then set the output by selecting options from the Output To drop-down box.
    That occurred to me but it also seemed like poor design, so I though better not to take the chance since I had no idea what would happen. My experience (again many years ago) in systems design was that you offer all options upfront before allowing an execution to be carried out. You can understand one's trepidation in doing something like a batch command that can potentially cause irreparable harm prior to knowing all options.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
    That occurred to me but it also seemed like poor design, so I though better not to take the chance since I had no idea what would happen. My experience (again many years ago) in systems design was that you offer all options upfront before allowing an execution to be carried out.
    This is how Batch Converter works. In the first window dBpoweramp Batch Converter, you simply select/filter the files to be converted i.e. the batch.

Then, you click the Convert button which takes you to the second window dBpoweramp Music Converter, which works exactly the same as your single file example, except it performs the conversion on all the files selected in the batch.

Execution is only carried out when you click the Convert >> button in the second window dBpoweramp Music Converter.