title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows 10 build 1803 (spring 2018 update)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaFork
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2011

Windows 10 build 1803 (spring 2018 update)

Hey,

I just installed the newly releaserd w10 1803 update through windows update. Seems that after installing it the Asset UPnP configuration is reset (no media in library, folders that were watched are all unlisted under 'Edit Advanced Settings').

I can work around this by re-applying the config known by me, but perhaps this is something which could be catered for by a fix from Asset. Running 6.1 premium registered.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Windows 10 build 1803 (spring 2018 update)

Thanks for the reminder on this issue. I seem to recall that in some cases, Illustrate settings were getting lost with previous major Windows updates.

It is probably a good idea to backup the whole registry (as the current user hive can be loaded later if needed) and the whole %appdata% folder which contains the dBpoweramp, PerfectTUNES and TuneFUSION folders, on a regular basis as Windows Updates runs automatically for most users.

This behaviour is not restricted to Illustrate software either. On several Windows 10 PCs, I have seen all sorts of issues like printers, scanners disappearing from systems, issues with avast anti-virus etc.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Just installed the update to 1803. As far as I can see all Illustrate settings are still there.

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dat Ei
        Just installed the update to 1803. As far as I can see all Illustrate settings are still there.
        Yes, it is odd that the loss of settings only seems to affect some users.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It has been nearly 2 years and they have still not fixed the issue:

It seems for some reason (perhaps only known to Microsoft) that during the Windows 10 update the following locations are being wiped: File system: %appdata%\dBpoweramp In the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate if you have browse trees in Asset, or special settings for CD Ripper or Batch Converter
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• OEggen
            • Jun 2018

I think I know why this is affecting only some users. I was running Asset in 'Service' mode, and after this Windows update it stopped working. The registry looks fine.
            Then I changed the running mode to 'Local Account', scanned the library, and it works again.
            When changing to 'Service' running mode again, scanned the library again, it contains no songs.

Comment

Working...

]]>