title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Windows 10 build 1803 (spring 2018 update)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Windows 10 build 1803 (spring 2018 update)

Hey,

I just installed the newly releaserd w10 1803 update through windows update. Seems that after installing it the Asset UPnP configuration is reset (no media in library, folders that were watched are all unlisted under 'Edit Advanced Settings').

I can work around this by re-applying the config known by me, but perhaps this is something which could be catered for by a fix from Asset. Running 6.1 premium registered.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows 10 build 1803 (spring 2018 update)

Thanks for the reminder on this issue. I seem to recall that in some cases, Illustrate settings were getting lost with previous major Windows updates.

It is probably a good idea to backup the whole registry (as the current user hive can be loaded later if needed) and the whole %appdata% folder which contains the dBpoweramp, PerfectTUNES and TuneFUSION folders, on a regular basis as Windows Updates runs automatically for most users.

This behaviour is not restricted to Illustrate software either. On several Windows 10 PCs, I have seen all sorts of issues like printers, scanners disappearing from systems, issues with avast anti-virus etc.

dBpoweramp Guru

Just installed the update to 1803. As far as I can see all Illustrate settings are still there.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Just installed the update to 1803. As far as I can see all Illustrate settings are still there.
    Yes, it is odd that the loss of settings only seems to affect some users.

Administrator

It has been nearly 2 years and they have still not fixed the issue:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...e-version-1607

I think I know why this is affecting only some users. I was running Asset in 'Service' mode, and after this Windows update it stopped working. The registry looks fine.
    Then I changed the running mode to 'Local Account', scanned the library, and it works again.
    When changing to 'Service' running mode again, scanned the library again, it contains no songs.