title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: When upgrading .. are settings retained?

When upgrading .. are settings retained?

I am still using version 15.X am am considering upgrading to the newest version. However, i do have some custom naming settings that assist when I am ripping files. Will these settings be kept when I upgrade or will they have to be redone?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: When upgrading .. are settings retained?

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis37 View Post
    I am still using version 15.X am am considering upgrading to the newest version. However, i do have some custom naming settings that assist when I am ripping files. Will these settings be kept when I upgrade or will they have to be redone?
    Not sure, but copy these naming strings, paste in a text file somewhere. Then you can paste back in to dynamic naming later if need be.

Re: When upgrading .. are settings retained?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Not sure, but copy these naming strings, paste in a text file somewhere. Then you can paste back in to dynamic naming later if need be.
    Thx Gary,

I had copied the string into a text file figuring I could do that as an fail safe. I have not touched the set up in a while and remembered it took some trial and error to get right. Fear my head is full of so many things that I need to start writing down what I figure out! But if things are retained during the upgrade then even better. Just didn't know if the upgrade were a fresh installation or an upgrade!

The loss of AMG had me thinking my blu ray writer was failing as metadata was taking forever and often was requiring manual efforts. Turning AMg off solved that issue!