title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper Converting Delimiter for Multiple Artists from semicolon to slash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adavis521
    • Jan 2010

Re: Ripper Converting Delimiter for Multiple Artists from semicolon to slash

Originally posted by mville
    First of all, I assume that with ALL your flac rips with multi-value tags, you have used the semi-colon as the separator and the same tags show the semi-colon separator, in Edit ID-Tag. This is my experience when using CD Ripper and ripping to flac.

I have no experience with tag&rename so cannot comment on what is happening to your flacs when you use the software and what possible changes may or may not occur when using the software.

I think you'd be better served by checking with tag&rename support, for a possible explanation.

Yes that is correct. Every time I rip a track with CD ripper I use the same format. What I am saying is despite using the same format every time, tag&rename is interpreting that format differently today. That to me means there's something that I can't see in the format, additional coding which helps tag&rename choose whether to preserve the semicolon format or use the slash. I have emailed their customer support. I really appreciate your support today and I will contact you if I have further questions.

Comment

• blindaenar
      • Apr 2022

I have the same issue. I input in the Artist field "Artist1; Artist 2", but it is written to the ripped files as "Artist 1/Artist 2". I am sure it's dbpoweramp and not my player, because if I open the files immediately after ripping with Mp3tag I see the wrong separator

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by blindaenar
        I have the same issue. I input in the Artist field "Artist1; Artist 2", but it is written to the ripped files as "Artist 1/Artist 2". I am sure it's dbpoweramp and not my player, because if I open the files immediately after ripping with Mp3tag I see the wrong separator
        Are you sure you're not confusing the visual delimiter that dbpoweramp uses ';' with the visual delimiter that mp3tag uses '\\'?
        If you right click on one of the files in mp3tag and select 'Extended Tags' are there multiple rows for Artist?

Click image for larger version

Name:	mp3tag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	294548

If you're still seeing 'Artist 1/Artist 2' under Extended tags, then maybe you can tell us what you're doing, what format you're outputting to and what version of dbpoweramp you're using?

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2021

I just had flashbacks of the nightmare that is mp3 ID3v2.3; if that's what you're ripping to then I'm afraid that's to be expected, the whole delimiter thing is a complete mess! dBpoweramp uses '/' which is to the spec, mp3tag uses NULL and foobar uses ' / '!

If you want even the smallest chance of your files being compatible between products then I'd move to ID3v2.4, but you'd better test your whole chain first, because Sonos didn't work with embedded artwork in a ID3v2.4 tag, and I'm sure there will be others.

Comment

Working...

]]>