title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [QNAP TS-128A] “The site can’t be reached. [NAS] refused to connect.”

[QNAP TS-128A] “The site can’t be reached. [NAS] refused to connect.”

Hello all

I have purchased and downloaded Asset Premium, to be installed on a QNAP NAS (TS-128A), mainly for use with my Naim streamer (NDX).

I have installed Asset on the NAS, and the Asset app now appears in the relevant section of the NAS settings app. However, when I try to open the Asset app (by clicking on it) to access its settings, a Chrome web browser page opens but I get the error message:

“The site can’t be reached. [NAS] refused to connect.”

It looks like the browser is looking in the right place (by reference to the http://192.etc address), but something is preventing the browser from being able/allowed to access the Asset software installed on the NAS. But I cannot work out what the problem is!

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Matt

Administrator

Re: “The site can’t be reached. [NAS] refused to connect.”

What is the full address please?

Is the IP address the correct one for your NAS?, can your PC access your NAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is the full address please?
    Hi Spoon

The full address is:

http://192.168.1.157:45537/

And yes, I can access the NAS's web interface from my laptop, no problem.

And (purely as a test to see what elements of my set-up are OK!) I have also installed Minimserver on the NAS and I can access Minimserver's web interface and have got that up and running on the NAS and serving the NDX, no problem. (Well, I did actually have a few problems, but unrelated to this particular forum enquiry and all OK now anyway.)

Regards,

Matt

Administrator

Do you have any security software on your laptop?

Super Moderator

Does Asset appear to be running? Is it seen by UPnP control point applications? Is it seen by Windows computers in Explorer / Network / Media Devices? At least under Windows 10, double clicking it in Media Devices opens its configuration page.

I presume that you've installed Asset Release 6 (is this correct?).

Can you please install the latest beta version from https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-for-Mac-Linux ?

Hi Spoon. Thanks for your reply.

The exact IP address is: 192.168.1.157:45537
    (The ":45537" appears slightly greyed out.)

The NAS and my browser are talking to each other fine apart from this Asset issue. I can access all the NAS settings. Plus I have installed Minimserver on the NAS - purely as an experiment! - and that is communicating with my browser fine and is working fine with my NDX.

Any suggestions as to why the Asset app won't cooperate?

Thanks

Matt

(PS. I replied to your post several days ago, but it hasn't appeared in the forum thread. I'm not sure if it's because it's pending moderator approval, or it just hasn't been received by you. Is there somewhere on the forum that confirms to a user that recent posts have been received and are pending moderation?)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Maughan67 View Post
    ... and you can confirm, 192.168.1.157 is the IP address of your NAS?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    ... and you can confirm, 192.168.1.157 is the IP address of your NAS?
    Confirmed.

dBpoweramp Guru

The NAS and my browser are talking to each other fine apart from this Asset issue. I can access all the NAS settings. Plus I have installed Minimserver on the NAS - purely as an experiment! - and that is communicating with my browser fine and is working fine with my NDX.

Any suggestions as to why the Asset app won't cooperate?
    45537 is the port number. As you suggest ":45537" appears slightly greyed out, perhaps port 45537 is blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    perhaps port 45537 is blocked?
    That is what I had half-suspected, although I am not very knowledgeable about that aspect of firewall protection etc.

Could you please suggest how I can open up that port (if that is the right terminology) without messing anything else up (which is always my big concern when I start to tinker with such things!)? Do I need to go into my firewall settings and find something to do with port forwarding (?) and then select 45537 and either open it up (?) or allow a specific networked item to access it???

Thanks again for your help,

Matt

Also...

Why is everything else automatically able to access other aspects of the NAS (without me having given anything specific permission), eg Chrome has been able to access the NAS general settings and the Minimserver settings no problem? How come Asset needs different treatment?

dBpoweramp Guru

Also...

Why is everything else automatically able to access other aspects of the NAS (without me having given anything specific permission), eg Chrome has been able to access the NAS general settings and the Minimserver settings no problem? How come Asset needs different treatment?
    I have no idea, sorry. I am not familiar with the QNAP NAS or Asset for QNAP. I am not saying the port is blocked, only suggesting it is a possibility.
    Last edited by mville; 04-29-2018 at 10:47 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have a QNAP, and I can confirm the port for Asset Configuration page is 45537. Port numbers are greyed out but that is normal and doesn't mean a blocked port. Minimserver is also greyed out (port 9790) for eg.
    Refusal to connect suggests Asset isn't running. Go into App Centre to check.

Quote Originally Posted by timster67 View Post
    Port numbers are greyed out but that is normal and doesn't mean a blocked port. Minimserver is also greyed out (port 9790)
    You are quite right.

The more I think about the possible causes, the more I think maybe my copy or version of Asset is not correct. I'll try deleting, re-downloading and reinstalling.

Matt

The more I think about the possible causes, the more I think maybe my copy or version of Asset is not correct. I'll try deleting, re-downloading and reinstalling.
    Hi Spoon. Could you please let me know how i can re-download my copy of Asset Premium? I can't see how to do this without paying again.

Are there ever instances of a "faulty download"? Is that even possible?!

I still cannot get Asset to work on my new QNAP NAS. As everything else (including other UPnP servers and other apps) is working fine, I have to assume that the problem lies with my copy of Asset. Or at least I'd like to try eliminating that possibility.

Thanks,

Matt