title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBPa on virtualbox requires manual drive-offset entry!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundcheck
    • Oct 2012

dBPa on virtualbox requires manual drive-offset entry!

Hi there.

T's been a while.

I'm running Windows10 on a virtual Virtualbox machine - only!
    The problem with Virtualbox is that the CDROM is not identified by its HW directly.

This makes the Accurate rip setup fail. The drive just won't get recognized properly.

The (one) solution would be to allow a manual entry of the drive offset. In my version this doesn't seem to be possible.

Without having Accurate rip in place I have no use for dBPA.

Any ideas to get this running?

Thx.
    Last edited by soundcheck; 04-26-2018, 06:54 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBPa on virtualbox requires manual drive-offset entry!

It was never envisaged that AccurateRip would be used in such an environment as yours, there is no way of manually setting it up, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• soundcheck
      • Oct 2012

Re: dBPa on virtualbox requires manual drive-offset entry!

Originally posted by Spoon
      It was never envisaged that AccurateRip would be used in such an environment as yours, there is no way of manually setting it up, sorry.
      Thx.

Running W10 in a Virtualbox is not an out-of-this-world scenario nowadays.

Wouldn't it be a very simple change to allow the user to add a drive offset manually?
      I mean. Nobody would expect you to discover the offset through Virtualbox.

People can easily lookup the offset over at AccurateRip.

I'm developer myself. At least from my perspective a manual entry option would probably be quite easy
      to accomplish.

Comment

Working...

]]>