title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is there a way to control secure rips with bad frames

Is there a way to control secure rips with bad frames

Hello,

I will like to know if there is a way to tell the CD ripper that if a track with bad frames is found, tell the program to store the number of bad frames and continue to the next track if the track is ok rip it, if not take the bad frame count and continue to the next. That way until it finish with all the tracks. After finishing with all tracks I want the program to automatically get to the track with fewer bad frames to rip it, then to the next track found with bad frames, so on so on after it finishes all.

For example;

track one is ok it gets rip
    track two have 20 bad frames -> hold count -> skip and go to next track
    track three is ok rip it
    track four have 10 bad frames -> hold count -> skip and go to next track
    track five is ok rip it
    track six have 100 bad frames -> hold count -> skip and go to next track

Since track six is the last track go to track with fewer bad frames

The program goes back to track four (10 bad frames), rips it and then goes to the track with fewer bad frames
    The program goes to track two (20 bad frames), rips it and goes to track with fewer bad frames
    The program goes to track six (100 bad frames), rips it and finish

All that automatically. Is that possible?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Is there a way to control secure rips with bad frames

No, it is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    No, it is not possible.
    Ok fair enough... But, Is there any option that allows to skip a track if it has more than X number of bad frames?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 3d1l View Post
    Hello,

I will like to know if there is a way to tell the CD ripper that if a track with bad frames is found, tell the program to store the number of bad frames and continue to the next track if the track is ok rip it, if not take the bad frame count and continue to the next. That way until it finish with all the tracks. After finishing with all tracks I want the program to automatically get to the track with fewer bad frames to rip it, then to the next track found with bad frames, so on so on after it finishes all.

For example;

track one is ok it gets rip
    track two have 20 bad frames -> hold count -> skip and go to next track
    track three is ok rip it
    track four have 10 bad frames -> hold count -> skip and go to next track
    track five is ok rip it
    track six have 100 bad frames -> hold count -> skip and go to next track

Since track six is the last track go to track with fewer bad frames

The program goes back to track four (10 bad frames), rips it and then goes to the track with fewer bad frames
    The program goes to track two (20 bad frames), rips it and goes to track with fewer bad frames
    The program goes to track six (100 bad frames), rips it and finish

All that automatically. Is that possible?
    Are you getting many CDs with multiple frames with errors?

I can honestly say that way over two thousand CDs ripped, the number which haven't achieved an AccurateRip, or in the case of CDs too new to be in the database yet, a Secure rip, is probably closer to 1% than 2%.

If you are having many discs with problems, I suggest you try another CD drive.
    Last edited by Oggy; 05-12-2018 at 04:57 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Is there any option that allows to skip a track if it has more than X number of bad frames?
    Go to CD Ripper >> Menu >> CD Ripper Options >> Secure Settings

There are several options you can change regarding bad/unrecoverable frames. For more info on the available options, you can click on the Help icon (?).

40 CDs with problems out of 530. I will check them with another drive. Is just that for some of them I left the program to do its re-rip magic and at the end I got an accurate rip but sometimes there are so many bad frames that it takes too long.

dBpoweramp Guru

40 CDs with problems out of 530. I will check them with another drive. Is just that for some of them I left the program to do its re-rip magic and at the end I got an accurate rip but sometimes there are so many bad frames that it takes too long.
    That is a way higher percentage than friends, colleagues and myself have, if those CDs are clean and unscratched, then I would definitely suspect the CD drive.

Oggy then there are 60 that are not present in AccurateRip so you have no idea if they were ripped without errors.