title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Metadata is used by Windows 10 explorer, but not showing in detail pane

Metadata is used by Windows 10 explorer, but not showing in detail pane

Good day!

I have just freshly installed dBpoweramp Reference R16.4 in Windows 10 1709.

I am having the problem, that for the ".ogg" format, while dBpoweramp does recognize their tags (they show up when hovering over the tracks with the mouse), and even Windows can use them to sort the tracks in the explorer view, they do not show up in the "details" pane of the explorer. Actually I am using the album title to group the tracks in the explorer, and where before the installation of dBpoweramp the ogg-tracks couldn't be properly sorted by Windows, now they actually do, so there was definitely a change and Windows does know "more" now, than before. Still, the metadata doesn't show up in the details pane for some reason.

Properties missing in detail pane.JPG

I am using the default property handler and thumbnail integration settings. So it is turned on, and "ogg" is not excluded.

I didn't do the registry tricks mentioned here, because "ogg" is not a tag handled by Windows 10 system property handlers, so it doesn't even show up in that list.

I tried uninstall - reboot - re-install, no changes though.

Any idea, Spoon?

Cheers!

Administrator

Re: Metadata is used by Windows 10 explorer, but not showing in detail pane

It is likely to do with XM Play, try setting the file association to 'VLC' (install if required), then reinstall dBpoweramp, then reboot Windows.

Re: Metadata is used by Windows 10 explorer, but not showing in detail pane

Thanks for your advice!

I have tried what you said, in the order you said, but unfortunately no changes:

still no detail pane.JPG

XMPlay (that I know as a rather reserved, self-contained player) had a button to disassociate from all file types, which I did at the very beginning (that's why you see all the other audio files defaulting to Windows Groove now). I also renamed one of the oggs into ".oga", to see if there was a difference. But after the whole procedure, still no difference though.

It's no gamebreaker for me; functional sorting and grouping in explorer, that was what I cared for, and this works. Anyhow, if you some day got another idea, just tell me.